AVP Facilities Planning & Mngmt/UKHC
The University of Kentucky HealthCare Enterprise (UKHC) is seeking an Associate Vice President of Facilities Planning and Management. This position reports to the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs and coordinates all activities with the University of Kentucky (UK) Chief Facilities Officer. There is an indirect/dotted line to the UK Chief Facilities Officer, and there is a strong focus on maintaining service-oriented and supportive relationships with UKHC clinical operations teams, finance, legal, and regulatory affairs. This position will partner with a wide range of constituents to ensure UKHC is achieving its short-term and long-term facilities plans.
This position requires leadership and vision in strategic facilities planning. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: short-term and long-term facilities planning for all on-campus and off-campus areas of UKHC, including Ambulatory, Community Practices, Hospitals, and the Health-Related Colleges; oversight of owned and shared responsibilities for leased (UK, Kentucky Medical Services Foundation, etc.) UKHC real estate properties; project budgets for facilities infrastructure planning and development, including property acquisition, lease management, and minor projects/renovations in partnership with UK Facilities Management and the UKHC operations and finance teams; project planning and activation (facility and equipment); leading and overseeing strategic facilities projects; and leading collaborative efforts to align strategic facilities planning and development with primary contacts and relationships.
UKHC is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental, and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UKHC is expanding through the construction of new properties and potential future acquisitions.
UKHC recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UKHC, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values: diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork.
AVP Facilities Planning & Mngmt/UKHC
Associate VP of Facilities Planning and Management
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or standing with objects 25lbs and above; occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); regularly traversing campus facilities; and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing with staff at all levels.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. As an exempt level position, additional hours will be required to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated extensive, expert, and in-depth knowledge of healthcare strategic facilities planning, development services, and regulatory requirements associated with planning, constructing and renovating, implementing, and operating clinical care delivery sites and locations. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strategic focus, asset optimization, project management, budget responsibility, entrepreneurial thinking, and collaboration.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master of Science degree plus ten years of experience is required. Master of Science degree in engineering, healthcare, business, or related area of study is highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how many years experience you have in strategic facilities planning and development within a healthcare environment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience with strategic facilities planning and development within a healthcare environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Society for Healthcare Engineers
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Health Facilities Management Magazine
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- Project Management Institute
- Women in Higher Ed
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter