Hyde Park Campus
8064320 Fin Serv-Accounting
About the Unit
Under general supervision, performs a variety of reconciliation, fund accounting, and unitized investment pool activities at an intermediate level which require the use of accounting theories and principles. Prepares quarterly and ad hoc fund accounting statements, and various other accounting statements and reports and projections. May advise others on inquiries regarding individual restricted gift and endowment accounts or other financial and budgetary data.
- Review gift and pledge transactions for compliance with gift terms and conditions.
- Work with Development Office and units to properly classify and move gifts held in the various unclassified accounts.
- Reconcile results of Griffin (Development)/FAS interface, investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Review departmental requests to create new gifts and endowment accounts to ensure compliance with University financial policies and specific terms and conditions of gift.
- Establish new gift and endowment accounts as needed, and monitor the posting of gifts and budgets to new and established accounts.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc fund accounting reports and budget projection analyses as required.
- Prepare specific components of year-end financial statement work papers and analyses, as assigned.
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information clearly and concisely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience; experience with budgets, ledgers, and fiscal reporting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with Excel
Licenses and Certifications
- CPA, preferred
- Knowledge of fund accounting principles
Resume, Cover Letter, and Reference list
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position.
When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/