Learning Management System Adm
Requisition Number STA - 201000000595
Job Title Learning Management System Adm
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Learning Management System Administrator.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The LMS Administrator role is an experienced-level position responsible for maintaining and overseeing the college's Learning Management System (LMS) application and environment. Also responsible for providing technical training for faculty, staff and students. Directly reports to Instructional Design Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Administer, maintain, update and document the LMS environment.
- Participate in the initiation and completion of LMS integration projects.
- Implement, manage and provide analytics for accessibility compliance.
- Perform semi-annual learning management system tasks such as course archiving, & user expiration.
- Work with end users and application development team members to test software updates and make necessary modifications to the system before implementation.
- Partner with related campus computer administrators and 3rd party publisher vendors to support integration of other related applications such as LTI integrations and building blocks.
- Monitor and manage data integrations between Colleague, PeopleSoft, other University systems.
- Manage community areas, including but not limited to: tabs, modules, brands, themes, tools and communities settings.
- Develop Section 508 compliant online and multimedia content.
- Batch create users, courses and enrollments.
- Set up and maintain application level user accounts and security profiles.
- Communicate maintenance, critical problems and issue resolution to campus community in an effective and efficient manner.
- Create and maintain system documentation, if needed.
- Provide ongoing training and support to faculty, staff and students on the LMS and other instructional technology.
- Maintain and operate various instructional technologies used in the delivery of instruction and/or interactive programs and courses.
- Maintain current knowledge of best-practices pertaining to instructional technologies.
- Design and maintain official, accurate and current Internet presence.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree. Two or more years of experience with administration, development and customization of a LMS in a higher education environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
- Ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of a project.
- Canvas Instructure LMS experience
- HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of Camtasia, Panopto, Videoscribe, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, and Premier Pro), Final Cut Pro, Audacity or other media editing software is a plus.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding and experience supporting Canvas LMS back-end programming and front-end design functionality.
- Preferred experience in developing content in multimedia platforms.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * Do you have two or more years of experience with administration, development and customization of a LMS in a higher education environment?
- No Response
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)