Position Number Temporary Vehicle/Equipment Operator
Position Classification Title Vehicle/Equipment Operator
Functional Title Vehicle/Equipment Operator
Position Type Temporary Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public, coeducational, doctoral-granting, residential university chartered in 1891. It is one of the three original institutions of The University of North Carolina system.
Parking Operations and Campus Access Management is committed to establishing, maintaining, and improving a quality, campus access management program that strives to open accessibility and enhance the University experience for students, faculty, staff and guests. Our desire to achieve this standard is the cornerstone from which we develop, implement, and evaluate our efforts.
Parking Operations and Campus Access Management are seeking qualified applicants on a temporary basis for entry level Vehicle/Equipment Operator positions that may come available.
- Responsibility of operating a bus on assigned route and schedule to provide safe and efficient transportation of students, faculty, and staff. Work involves:*
- Performing pre- and post-trip inspections of the bus and reporting mechanical defects or failures to the Transportation Manager
- Obeying all traffic laws and University regulations while operating the bus
- Creating a customer services oriented environment for users
- Employee will be responsible for completing all required reports and securing the vehicle before leaving.
When the Department temporarily needs a Vehicle/Equipment Operator, they will consider applicants that have applied to this temp pool.
DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK. REQUIRES APPROPRIATE LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS TO OPERATE ASSIGNED TYPES OF VEHICLES OR EQUIPMENT.
- Valid North Carolina A, B, or C, Commercial Driver's License with a passenger endorsement
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, than management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This posting will remain active for one quarter (roughly ninety (90) days). After the quarterly cycle, this posting will close and the application will be cancelled. You may then re-apply to the new active posting. The Close Date listed indicates when this quarterly posting will close.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Your application to the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Recruitment Range $11.21 - $12.67
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position Hours are determined based on the needs of the Department
Job Family Operations and Skilled Trades
Open Date 01/01/2018
Close Date 03/31/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 55
Number of Months per Year 12
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid North Carolina Class A,B or C, Commercial Driver's License with a passenger endorsement?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu