Union Level: V
Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Campus: San Francisco
Posting Number: 201301287P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: 1. Position is full-time, 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week. 2. Requires occasional weekend or evening assignments, on and off-site. 3. May involve some in- and out-of-state travel.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/01/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, responsible for administrative and technical duties related to dental and dental hygiene admissions interviews, systems, data, report design/development and coordination of school-sponsored events and programs.
1. Advise, communicate with, and provide information to prospective and current applicants regarding admissions requirements, status of application materials, general school information and questions relating to strengthening applicant preparation; conduct school tours for or present to prospective applicants and pre-dental / pre-dental hygiene groups, as necessary.
2. Coordinate admissions-related meetings and events with student ambassadors and admissions committee.
3. Coordinate and schedule applicant interviews with faculty, dental students, and student ambassadors in accordance with established admissions guidelines.
4. Coordinate or assist with admissions interview arrangements and interview day program for applicants, faculty and student interviewers, admissions committee members and administrators to include scheduling, room and catering reservations, school tours, student lunch panels, preparation/assembly of information packets and name badges; present general interview information to prospective students.
5. Coordinate, assist and collaborate with internal departments, school sponsored, admissions-related, onsite and off-siteevents, activities and programs including but not limited to:
6. Ensure appropriate event and activity contracts are obtained and reviewed by administration for events; request certificate of insurance as needed.
7. Update, calibrate and set up online admissions application platforms/services, WebAdMIT, Bridge/AxiUm /Banner, in liaison with American Dental Education Association or Office of Information Technology (Stockton and San Francisco).
8. Maintain online application processing, enrollment fees, applicant statuses and file review on WebAdMIT and admissions spreadsheets; assist with online data entry and updates on Admissions Bridge/AxiUm /Banner.
9. Maintain training guides and train admissions staff, students, faculty, administrators and admissions committee members on admissions interview best practices and processes as well as systems, including WebAdMIT, Banner, Admissions Bridge / AxiUm.
10. Coordinate admissions / pre-matricuation processes, communications and mailings for incoming students, incuding acceptance/deferral/alternate/denial letters and notifications, student email account set-up, required health documents, final academic transcripts and enrollment deposits.
11. Update online admissions information on school website and accepted student website / intranet..
12. Review completed incoming student pre-matriculation background checks / reports
13. Maintain, update and distribute matriculating class and student data for use by California dental schools, American Dental Association, American Dental Education Association, Offices of Admissions and Academic Affairs; maintain student demographic information for reporting purposes.
14. Develop simple to complex reports to meet wide variety of admissions- and student-related statistical analysis and reporting needs in support of operations, programs, projects and compliance.
15. Assist with admissions e-newsletter production; writes, drafts, edits and submits for approval stories and features; Maintains e-newsletter subscription lists.
16. Coordinate Big Sib-Little Sib mentorship program; updating, dissiminating and collecting student surveys as well as working with director and student representatives to facilitate the matching process;
17. Maintains and updates admissions-related social media platforms for incoming / current students: student ambassador lists, housing, class groups
18. Create and distribute admissions surveys; assist with collection, organization and analysis of survey data/outcomes; report as necessary.
19. Represent Pacific in student recruitment efforts and admissions-related speaking engagements as needed to include:
20. Provide coverage for admissions staff as necessary.
21. Perform all other duties as assigned by Director of Admissions.
1. Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook calendar and email.
2. Business letter writing.
1. Accurately communicate admissions requirements, processes, and protocol.
2. Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, problem solving, judgment, customer service and follow-through skills.
3. Operate a variety of office/business machines to include computer, copier and scanner.
Minimum three years experience with graduate program admissions
High school diploma or equivalent.
1. Canvas, Banner, Qualtrics and WebAdMIT desirable.
2. Knowledge of admissions procedures and protocol helpful.
3. Type 65 wpm.
1. Project a professional image, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicate in a collegial and professional manner with administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public
2. Respond to last minute changes appropriately and professionally.
3. Maintain confidentiality of information.
4. Take initiative in time management, organize assignments and set priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
5. Work effectively and accurately with multiple interruptions
6. Work productively under pressure with minimal supervision; contribute and collaborate positively within a team environment.
Experience in an educational institution within a student services/academic affairs environment helpful.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse, and phone; occasional use of copier/scanner.
2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
3. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs should be anticipated.
Hiring Range: 29.81 hourly
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11567
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.