Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Campus: San Francisco
Posting Number: 201301286P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Position is full-time, eight hours per day, five days per week.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/01/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Director, manages and oversees the accurate and timely processing and record maintenance of all business operations, ensures compliance with all University protocols and procedures, and supervises the support staff of the Orthodontic Clinic and Radiology Services.
1. Use proactive organizational skills to plan future courses of action and management of the overall clinical activities to ensure effective and efficient clinical operations.
2. Oversee/manage all aspects of patient care including but not limited to appointment scheduling, financial arrangements and insurance, explanation of treatment, and communication with patients.
3. Manage the daily operations and staffing activities of radiology services; work closely with the Director of Radiology, inform clinic directors and department chairperson of issues requiring their involvement.
4. Enter treatment contracts to electronic application; ensure compliance on patient consent forms and financial contract arrangements including but not limited to approvals on discounted treatment.
5. Oversee the organization and maintenance of all electronic and hard copies of treatment records and models of patients who have completed treatment.
6. ORTHO -Ensure accurate posting to electronic ledger of all charges and patient payments on a daily basis;
review/advise/monitor on accuracy and completeness of procedure codes, fee schedules and treatment notes and approval of notes.
7. Work with Director of Radiology to ensure accurate posting to electronic ledger of all charges and patient payments on a daily basis.
8. Provide monthly summary reports to the Business Office; review clinic production and expenses; advise and make recommendations to ensure achievement of budget goals.
9. Collaborate with the Business Office to enforce and maintain University policies, procedures and internal controls; prepare account adjustments for submission; coordinate with Business Office to ensure timely collection of patient balances.
10. Assist Director of Radiology in facilitating weekly radiology student huddles.
11. Work with Director of Radiology on registering, renewing and maintaining contracts with all service providers for all machinery where there is radiation exposure.
12. Work with Director of Radiology to ensure maintenance of accurate inventory of components and equipment including Radiology sensors and machinery (capital items).
13. Meet monthly with the clinic director to review clinic production/collection, A/R status, and budget.
14. Supervise, train, manage and evaluate the work performance of staff.
15. Prepare correspondence, memorandums, reports, procedure manuals, and training manuals.
16. Serve as clinic liaison with administration, faculty, and staff.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director or designee and the Director of Radiology.
1. Dental practice management.
2. Dental terminology/treatment and insurance procedures.
3. Electronic dental billing systems.
4. Basic knowledge of accounting, cashiering and collection processes.
5. Microsoft Word and Excel, in-house e-mail systems, and database systems.
1. Minimum three years office management experience in a dental or medical office.
2. Working experience with computers, records management, and insurance.
3. Significant supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience for 5 years
1. Knowledge of Orthodontic practice management, dental terminology/treatment and insurance procedures
1. Communicate effectively with patients, students, staff, faculty and administration.
2. Provide leadership, training, and supervision.
3. Maintain confidentiality of information.
4. Demonstrate professional judgment in all situations.
5. Organize and prioritize assignments.
6. Effectively analyze data and make appropriate decisions/recommendations.
7. Prepare manuals and reports concisely and logically.
Bilingual skills helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard and telephone.
2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, reaching, bending and walking.
3. Occasional lifting of up to 15lbs should be anticipated.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11568
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.