IRT Support Associate
IRT Support Associate
Job Number: 78108
Would you like to help shape the future of Stanford's School of Medicine as one of the most prestigious schools in the world? Join our IT Support team in the Office or Information Resources & Technology (IRT) in leading and changing medicine as we know it today. We are looking for energetic self-starters who want to make a contribution as an IRT Support Associate to drive and support initiatives. Stanford University is an employer of choice in the Silicon Valley, sitting next to, and interacting with the world's preeminent high tech companies. We offer a variety of benefits beyond traditional medical, dental, retirement, and savings options. This is a culture where you can make a difference working alongside some of the brightest and advanced thinkers in the world.
Our IRT Support Associate is a full-time, continuing, benefits eligible position reporting to the IRT Support Manager. In this position you will be responsible for providing outstanding technical support to end-users across the School of Medicine for computer hardware, software, and network related issues in a complex environment. This position will resolve basic problems while referring more complex problems to other staff.
Additional Duties include:
- Provide first line of response to requests for various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance. Provide remote problem resolution when possible
- Resolve basic end-user problems, escalate as appropriate.
- Install, upgrade, configure, and troubleshoot computing and communication devices and peripherals.
- Perform, schedule, and monitor system alerts, work queues, backups, and recovery activities.
- Apply security best practices.
- Gather and record asset inventory and software license information.
- Ensure users are assigned appropriate resources.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior experience with academic and/or healthcare environments
- Prior experience providing technical support in a Help Desk or Desktop support environment.
- Experience with incident based ticketing systems
- Ability to support and interact with all levels of personnel in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Recent experience supporting users remotely, over the phone and in person
- Knowledge of latest Mac, Windows, and mobile device platforms
Experience with various operating systems and computing devices. Experience installing and configuring desktop computer systems in a networked computing environment, and in applying diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
May require extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.