I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
The Research Associate supports the implementation of the Global Women’s Institute’s robust portfolio of interdisciplinary research by providing quantitative and qualitative research analysis, developing and/or modifying techniques/protocols and training materials, conducting field research, and assisting in the preparation of written reports, peer-reviewed articles and other products to disseminate research findings. This position also supports the research uptake and dissemination activities of GWI by assisting with the organization of workshops and other events, the creation of dissemination materials, and by participating in conferences and events both inside and outside GW. Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on a variety of grant-funded projects related to violence against women and girls.
- Provides other types of technical assistance on research projects. This may include writing articles and briefs, supporting quantitative and qualitative data collection, providing input into research design by developing and/or modifying techniques, developing training materials, supporting the capacity building of local partners, and conducting literature reviews. This will include occasional travel for field work.
- Participates and represents GWI at conferences and meetings; works with GWI’s Policy & Outreach team on research uptake strategies and the development of materials and activities to disseminate research findings.
- Works with GWI’s Operations team to track and manage grants, including expenses, deliverables, award extensions, and budget modifications.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience in conducting and disseminating quantitative and qualitative research.
- Knowledge of M&E highly desirable.
- Second language, Spanish preferred.
- Topical expertise in gender equality and violence against women and girls.
- Administrative skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and communication skills.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Academic Affairs Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to gain a better understating of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2017 – 2018,” it should include “April 2017 – January 2018” or similar information.Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000482 Job Open Date: 02/21/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter