Senior Practicum Associate
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Practicum Associate position is responsible for 1) managing the [email protected] program student practicum process, 2) developing and maintaining the online practicum course, and 3) advising students and ensuring student's understand and correctly follow the program's curriculum and course sequencing guidelines. The position also assists the program director and associate dean for academic affairs in managing the overall program, and in student affairs including ensuring students remain in good standing, and for proper compliance with student provisional admissions, probation, as necessary suspension and other disciplinary actions.
• Oversight, management and design of Practicum Process collaboration with the practicum director;
• Advise online MPH students regarding curriculum;
• Work with existing and potential practicum sites and preceptors to establish goals and ensure that they are in line with curricula and partnership context;
• Liaise with faculty advisors and School of Public Health and Health Services (SPHHS) Practicum Director on program requirements and updates; liaise with Academic Program Director and Associate Dean on student issues.
• Coordinate, manage, and conduct student interviews if required for selective practicum sites;
• Design, coordinate and manage practica pre-departure trainings and orientations; participate in implementation where applicable;
• Program evaluation, including conduct and analysis of ongoing student evaluations pre and post departure as well as post return;
• Tracking of current practicum requirements, student progress and reporting.
• Development of the Practicum budget that gets incorporated into the Departmental budget; advise the Practicum Director and Fiscal Operations Manager on the Practicum budget, stipends, and financial documentation for departmentally supported practicum awards
• Oversight and maintenance of Risk Management for overseas practica.
• Advise on risk management for the faculty and GWU study abroad office to facilitate international safety for student practicum;
• Research and monitor country risk standings for each internationally placed student
• Maintenance of practicum website;
• Coordinate program participant (faculty, staff, student) logistics.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• A Master's Degree in a related field is preferred
• Excellent communication (writing and verbal skills), interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills; Ability to prioritize responsibilities, function well under pressure, pay attention to detail, work independently and with initiative, and meet deadlines
• The international nature of the department requires special skills and cultural competencies including experience with international travel requirements and logistics and effective multicultural interpersonal communications
• Experience in implementation and administration of public health educational programs is preferred. Experience with online education programs is preferred. Experience advising and/or counseling students is preferred
• Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006918 Job Open Date: 01/12/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter