Applications Administrator, ServiceNow
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Columbian College of Arts & Sciences Office of Technology Services (OTS) is the premiere provider of IT services for faculty and staff within the largest college at the University. Comprised of over 50 departments and programs across five campuses, OTS works to achieve the academic, administrative, and research initiatives set forth by the college's senior staff. The Applications Administrator, ServiceNow is a new position on the team, reporting to the Director of Information Technology, CCAS.
The Applications Administrator, ServiceNow will design, develop, configure, test, deploy, and maintain ServiceNow applications within an evolving ServiceNow implementation for a very agile team. The ideal candidate will help modify, design, and continuously improve/deploy Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, CMDB, Orchestration, and custom applications using the Service Portal.
The duties of the position will include:
• Creating ServiceNow catalog forms, record producers, UI policies, business rules, workflows, and reports in support of various university processes.
• Performing complex data modeling, performance, and integration testing, while utilizing and maintaining source code control techniques and configuration management.
• Analyzing existing software to formulate logic for new systems and devising complex workflows to migrate to web applications, including ServiceNow.
• Maintaining and enhancing existing ServiceNow applications, forms, and workflows.
• Analyzing, defining, and negotiating with stakeholders on the creation of software specifications, ensuring project reports are made and documentation is provided for on-going support.
• Collaborating with university researchers on non-ServiceNow related applications, such as open-source research applications.
• The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Professional certifications from ServiceNow, including Certified Systems Administrator, Certified Application Developer, Certified Implementation Specialist, or ServiceNow Fundamentals certification.
• Experience with incident management, service catalog, CMDB, change management, and problem management.
• Experience maintaining enterprise-level ServiceNow instances, including custom applications, integrations, and orchestration.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification or some level of familiarity with ITIL best practices related to configuration management and service delivery.
• Familiarity with the SDLC, project and portfolio management, and agile development methods.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Columbian College of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) Family Information Technology Sub-Family Systems Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006994 Job Open Date: 02/12/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter