Health Services and Policy Researcher
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001231 Academic Title: Health Services and Policy Researcher Rank: Professor, Associate Professor Administrative Title: Discipline Nursing Specialty: Contract Type: With Tenure, Tenure Track, Renewable Appointment (initial appt period) - 01/01/2018 - 06/30/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 01/01/2018 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University School of Nursing invites applications for a new tenure or tenure-track faculty position in health services and policy research. We welcome candidates from a broad range of disciplines. The position offers opportunities to contribute to the mission of the Center for Health Policy and Media Engagement and engage in interdisciplinary collaborations across the University.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates are expected to have and sustain extramurally funded research in an area of health policy, establish interdisciplinary collaborations to enhance the research program in the School, provide leadership on developing the research enterprise, and mentor faculty in developing their own programs of health services research. In addition, candidates must be able to develop and teach graduate-level courses and advise/mentor students. All faculty members are expected to serve on Departmental, School, and/or University committees, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, and participate in service projects that address the School's mission.Minimum Qualifications:
• By time of application, earned PhD (or equivalent) in nursing, health or social policy, public policy, health services research, health economics, public health, or other related discipline.
• Track record of external funding.
• Successful track record of peer-reviewed publications.
• Evidence of teaching excellence as demonstrated by course evaluation summaries.
• Strong methodological and statistical skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication and project management skills.
• Demonstrated experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
To be considered, please complete an online faculty application and upload the following documents: CV, letter of interest, research and teaching statement (max. 2 pages), three (3) samples of scholarly publications, teaching evaluations from two courses, and list of 3 references. Please note that all documents related to each section must be combined and uploaded as one single document. Review of applications will begin on November 24, 2017 and will continue until positions are filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/47101
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you earned a PhD (or equivalent) in nursing, health or social policy, public policy, health services research, health economics, public health, or other related discipline?
- * Do you have a track record of external funding?
- * Do you have a successful track record of peer-reviewed publications?
- * Do you have evidence of teaching excellence as demonstrated by course evaluation summaries?
- * Do you have strong methodological and statistical skills?
- * Do you have effective interpersonal communication and project management skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working with and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Sample Publications
- Course Evaluations or Summaries
- Statement of Teaching and Research Interest
- Names and Contact Information for References