Instructor - Advanced Practice Provider - Neurorecovery
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Neurology
Instructor - Neurorecovery (Advanced Practice Provider)
Position # 740657 - Requisition # 11624
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Neurology has an opening for a full-time Instructor position to provide clinical care for patients with acute neurological injury and general neurological disorders at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora CO. The position will include clinical and limited teaching. Clinical responsibilities include participation in the inpatient consult service and continuity care of these patients in the outpatient neurology clinic. The Department of Pediatrics Section of Child Neurology is nationally recognized for providing outstanding consultation, clinical care, and surgery for children and adolescents with neurological disorders. USNWR ranked Child Neurology as one of the top 20 programs in the nation, with one of only a few neurocritical care and neurohospitalist programs in the country.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Inpatient evaluation of children with neurological disorders on the neurocritical care consult team and the neurohospitalist consult team.
- Outpatient evaluation and follow up of these and other children with neurological disorders
- Coordination of care both in clinic and by phone for these neurology patients
- Collaboration of patient care with staff neurologists as appropriate
- Teaching clinical care concepts to other NP's, PA's, Residents, MD's, DO's, and RNs
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and will commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Graduation from an APAP approved Physician Assistant Training Program and certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants;
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with ability to obtain Prescriptive Authority in the State of Colorado. Will need to qualify for and obtain prescriptive authority within one year of beginning position.
- APN licensure and Masters from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program,
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board certificate or other comparable certification required.
- Nurse practitioner candidate possesses Acute Care (AC) Certification or is enrolled in an AC training program.
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex offender background check
- 1-2 years of nursing or advanced practice experience in pediatric neurology;
- Experience and comfort taking care of children in an inpatient and critical care setting;
- Proficiency in performing lumbar puncture, nerve blocks, or onabotulinum toxin injections;
- Prescriptive authority in Colorado;
- Nurse practitioner candidate has Acute Care Certification;
- Nurse practitioner candidate has DNP or is willing to obtain DNP within 7 years;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English;
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands;
- Ability to think critically and interpret complex data.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: - Applications will be accepted until the position is filled Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Scott Turner at [email protected]
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20947 - SOM-PEDS Neurology-GenOps
Posting Date: Oct 30, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Scott Turner
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00740657