Systems, Security and Operations Manager
Salary: $84,500 - $125,500
Title: Systems, Security and Operations Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Student Affairs Technology Svc
Date Posted: 03/01/2018
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Student Affairs Technology Services Sr. Director, the Systems, Security, and Operations (SSO) Manager is responsible for the daily operations and planning related to IT networking and data security for the Health and Psychological Student Services (HAPSS) center. This includes, but is not limited to, systems utilizing HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability)/HITECH (Health Information Technology) and FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) data. The SSO Manager oversees hardware and software planning, reliability, security and timely resolution to technological issues. He/She manages the day to day systems and end-user operations while providing direction and management for a team of systems analysts, integration engineers, and third-party vendors. He/She is part of a management team that is focused on creating a best practice mid-sized IT organization. Oversees IT systems operations and implementations to ensure systems are functioning at optimum capability. This includes the use of tools to automate IT operations.
Minimum Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Has solid interpersonal and management skills. Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
In-depth knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of the IT environment. Has solid knowledge of information systems function.
Solid ability to gather, organize, and analyze data in the completion of assignments.
Requires solid ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software.
Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems.
Knowledge of conceptual database design.
Has solid knowledge of related principles and concepts to provide solutions to more complex and diverse information systems issues. Solid knowledge of the applications programming development function.
Knowledge of test application code in client server environment.
Knowledge of change control policies and processes required for restricted systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Awareness of existing HIPAA, HITECH, and FERPA regulations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview