Central Services Tech Supv/UKHC
The Central Services Tech Supv/UKHC is responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating rooms. Must have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring. Maintain cleanliness of department and material management as needed.
Central Services Tech Supv/UKHC
Central Sterile Tech Supervisor
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Primarily Monday-Friday 3p-11:30p with occasional weekends per departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for
biological monitoring. Basic knowledge of operating room instrumentation, and understanding of aseptic techniques. Knowledge of sterilization principles, processing techniques, and instrument/equipment care.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous operating room or central sterile processing experience required. Previous central sterile supervisory experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology?
- * Do you have any experience with ordering supplies and inventory control?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have cleaning or sterilizing operating room instruments?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter