Associate Director of Student Activities and Leadership
Job no: 494095
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Student & Community Engagement
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Mar 01 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Student Activities and Leadership creates cultural, social, educational and leadership opportunities, enhancing the overall learning and development of students. These initiatives embrace diversity and collaboration, shaping visionary leaders of tomorrow.
The Associate Director will work within the division of Student Affairs to provide quality team leadership and vision. Provide campus wide programming that fosters student success and engagement through providing leadership and collaborative partnerships with faculty, departments, and community partners. Assist in establishing strategic goals and strategies that support student development learning with a focus on the needs of commuters, transfers, and other student populations.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, or a related field of study require
- Five-seven years of full time professional experience in Student Activities, Student Affairs, Leadership, and/or Orientation, in higher education required
- Experience with strategic planning development and implementation of student leadership programs, leading assessment efforts and statistical reporting
- Proven experience and proficiency in fiscal management, advising, time management, and multi-tasking
- Knowledge working with Intercampus Student Information System (ISIS) or similar system, Organization database software, online scheduling software, and Microsoft office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience working effectively with diverse groups
- Experience supervising undergraduate and graduate students and full time staff as assigned
- Proven ability to apply the tenets of student development, organization development, staff development, and quality improvement in a student affairs setting
- This position serves as a contributing member to division and university-wide partnerships, committees, collaborations and other efforts and initiatives as requested by the Director. This position also works closely with student leaders and members of various clubs and organizations
- Proficiency in computer software programs including those in the Microsoft Office group, FileMaker Pro, 25Live, Campus Labs, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of FERPA and other higher education laws
- Knowledge of Risk Management as it relates to student organizations
- Demonstrate integrity, initiative, dependability, openness, teamwork, a positive attitude, a commitment to the tenets of student development and creation of inclusive communities, as well as the values and mission of the University
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.