The Dental Therapist/Sterilization will perform 4-handed chair-side dentistry, produce high quality digital radio-graphic images within a timely manner, and provide sterilization and dispensing. The person in this position will maintain the clinical and radiology areas including cleaning and disinfecting equipment, chairs, cubicles, rooms, and operatories per OSHA and the the College of Dentistry Infection Control Standards.
This position will also provide office and records support including scheduling patients, collecting data, documenting exams and/or procedures, and assist with notes, charges, and treatment plans. The person in this position will undergo mandatory compliance training, immunizations, and TB test; participate in division, department, college, and University educational and professional development training; and maintain certifications.
Radiology Dental Therapist & Technologist
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Monday thru Friday with occasional weekends.
Bi-lingual, excellent communication and customer service skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize, radio-graphic imaging, Microsoft Office, CRCST or CBSPD certification.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience with Dental Procedures, instruments, materials, and processes; and experience with digital radio-graphic imaging. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish. CRCST or CBSPD and EDDA (Expanded Duties Dental Assisting) Certification highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold CRCST or CBSPD certification?
- * How many years of experience do you have with 4-handed dental processes?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate the number of dentists and/or physicians for which you have been directly responsible for the billing and collections within one practice in your paid work experience.
- 1-3 Providers
- 4-10 Providers
- 11-20 Providers
- 21+ Providers
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter