Job ID: 43022
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 03/14/2018
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
Serves as a member of the General Museum Housekeeping Team. Performs custodial tasks to include:
- Cleans and sanitizes public and employee restrooms throughout the Sarasota Campus Complex during the day. Restocks tissue, towels, and hand soap supplies.
- Completes assigned daily tasks in campus venues to include preparing the campus to open, cleaning glass, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and emptying wastebaskets. Cleans special event areas as needed, clearing refuse and using appropriate tools to remove stains and scrub hard surfaces as needed.
- Cleans CFPA theaters, lobbies, and restrooms as designated. This includes polishing rails, cleaning glass, dusting and vacuuming, and stocking supplies.
- Completes assigned work orders and stock custodial closets according to supply request sheets or as needed. Drives custodial golf carts to traverse the 66 acre campus to deliver supplies and carry equipment.
- Performs custodial maintenance projects and other duties as assigned.
Completion of 9th grade education or higher.
Knowledge of the practices and procedures of custodial work with attention to detail.
Knowledge of and ability to identify safety hazards and necessary safety precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Ability to meet the physical requirements of this position, which include: the ability to move objects up to 45 lbs, working with chemicals, climbing and descending stairs and ladders, and standing and walking for extended periods.
A valid Florida driver's license (or the ability to obtain upon hire) is required for this position.
- Previous experience in custodial role that works in a public setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected]
Anticipated Salary Range
$24,000/annually + Florida state benefits available (http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home).
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
While the primary working hours for this position are between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Saturday through Wednesday, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and special events.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, go to http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=ers/application/application_veterans_preference, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf