Director of Master's and Executive Education Recruitment Marketing and Communication
Hyde Park Campus
40610 Office of the Provost
About the Unit
The Office of the Provost supports the University of Chicago's community of scholars, their shared ideals, and the core values that make the University a singular intellectual destination. Together with the University's deans, directors, and department chairs, the Office of the Provost shapes our rich and rewarding culture. We provide the opportunities, infrastructure, and resources that encourage our faculty and other scholars to pursue their finest work.
*Please read the following job description thoroughly. Applicants must submit all the required documents to be considered further for this position.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Admissions for Master's and Executive Education, the Director of Master's and Executive Education Recruitment Marketing & Communications will lead the marketing of UChicago master's and executive education programs including planning, strategy, brand development, creative development, content development, and social media. The director will be charged to help attract a high-quality pool of prospective students in collaboration with the divisions, schools, and academic programs, and to hit or surpass the programs' enrollment targets for master's degree and non-degree programs.
The director will be skilled at inquiry generation, enrollment marketing, and developing messaging and branding to increase program value to prospects. In collaboration with the divisional/school and departmental/program admissions teams, the director will develop strategies to help improve conversion across the applicant life cycle. The director will build an internal marketing team and manage external agency partners to enhance the awareness of UChicago's master's and non-degree programs with prospective students.
- Enhance the awareness of UChicago master's and non-degree programs nationally and internationally
- Optimize marketing budget based on return-on-investment, launch paid search engine marketing, social and third-party media
- Lead the development of digital and print content to market and promote master's and non-degree programs
- Identify the prospective master's student and executive education applicant life-cycle and develop segmentation strategies to optimize this cycle
- Improve user engagement and satisfaction with webpages and landing pages to enhance conversion across the applicant life-cycle.
- Develop a marketing analytical eco-system to support enrollment goals
- Increase inquiries and improve conversion with optimal lead forms, lead scoring, behavior site tracking
- Provide competitive analysis and benchmark marketing initiatives against best-practices in higher education
- Develop and brand recruitment events and information sessions to improve conversion
- Lead search engine optimization, marketing, and re-targeting
- Collaborate with division and school admissions teams, departmental and program leadership, and other campus partners including UChicagoGRAD, the Graham School, the Office of International Affairs, and Alumni Relations and Development to develop marketing and communications materials to support master's, PhD and executive education recruitment as well as recruitment, graduate alumni engagement, and graduate career and employer relations efforts
- Build and supervise a marketing and communications team
- Guide and manage the day-to-day administrative processes of the marketing and communications team
- Lead and coach members of the marketing team, helping them advance while hitting enrollment targets and improving net tuition revenue
- Establish and maintain relationships with the recruitment team
Skills and Competencies:
- Superior organizational skills required; ability to identify priorities, multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines required
- Proven ability to manage internal working relationships and interact and communicate with discretion, clarity, tact, and courtesy required
- Professional demeanor, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach to the job required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; ability to work independently as well as to be a flexible team player
- Skilled at marketing analytics and best practices in social media
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience preferably in higher education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team
- Experience managing a marketing or advertising budget of $1M or more
- Experience marketing to international students preferred
- Familiarity with higher education environment and knowledge of the University of Chicago's unique culture preferred
(Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under resume/CV section of the application)
- Cover Letter
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/