Admissions and Records Evaluator
Admissions and Records Evaluator
Closing Date/Time: 3/20/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Aptos, CA
Department: Admissions & Records
The currently advertised, full-time Admissions and Records Evaluator position performs complex analytical work involving student records and transcripts and performs related duties as required or assigned.
In addition, an Admissions and Records Evaluator position eligibility pool may be established in order to fill other full-time, part-time or substitute assignments as needs arise.
- Receive and analyze transcripts from other institutions
- Review courses and units completed, verify level, contents, unit value and grading system
- Learn and interpret Admissions and Records policies, such as course repetition, incompletes, applications, residency and registration, and apply them in a variety of procedural situations
- Evaluate all college transcripts for officiality and proper accreditation
- Review coursework for academic equivalencies using various resources including paper and on-line college catalogs, course descriptions/syllabi, correspondence with the institutions involved, articulation agreements, Project ASSIST, and other appropriate reference materials
- Evaluate academic equivalencies and post credit earned at other institutions to Cabrillo College academic records
- Determine units to be transferred to college records from external examinations and military experience
- Assign approved college course substitutions and curricular exceptions, based on district policy
- Contact counseling and other faculty regarding specific equivalency questions or approvals
- Provide course status information to all admitted transfer students
- Provide students with information on units completed, transcript requests, grade point average and admissions and registration requirements and fees
- Provide information and assistance, in person, over the phone, and via the Internet to students, staff and the public related to college functions and District policies, requirements and procedures
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to students, staff, counselors, faculty and administrators in the interpretation and clarification of registration, graduation, academic and transfer policies, requirements and procedures
- Assist with registration procedures and related activities
- Perform related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years of college coursework AND two (2) years of work experience related to position's assignments. One (1) year of education may be substituted for one (1) year of experience, and one (1) year of experience may be substituted for one (1) year of education.
- Experience in college or university admissions and records, specifically transcript evaluation.
- General knowledge of college or university transcript procedures, grading systems, and course equivalencies
- Operation of microcomputer equipment and various software programs including student information systems, word processing, database management, spreadsheet computer applications software, electronic mail and the Internet
- Techniques for dealing with people of diverse academic, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Recordkeeping principles and practices for both computer and paper systems
- Effective customer service techniques and etiquette
- Business mathematics including percentages and decimals
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
Skill in and ability to:
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures using sound judgment
- Keyboard with sufficient skill to enter data and produce reports
- Make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Operate office equipment including but not limited to microcomputer, computer terminal, printer, calculator, copier and facsimile machine
- Perform specialized clerical/technical duties related to Admissions and Records services
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Create and produce correspondence, reports and procedures documentation independently or with brief instructions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing using tact, patience and courtesy
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Sitting and operating a computer keyboard to enter data into a computer terminal for extended periods of time, as necessary
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends at on-and off-campus locations, as necessary
Salary: $3,434 to $3,786 per month to start; seven-step schedule to $4,602 per month. Full-time, 100% assignment (40 hours per week), 12 months per year; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with evenings and weekends as required. Classified employees are required to join the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis. Position scheduled to begin as soon as possible, pending continued funding and Governing Board ratification. Salary is subject to proration based on beginning date of assignment.
* Cabrillo College reserves the right at its discretion to hire classified and confidential employees at a higher starting step placement, up to step three, in acknowledgement of an individual's previous job-related work experience. Please note: It is the applicants responsibility to ensure their application materials include the work related experience they wish to be considered for a higher step placement. The Human Resources department will make their determination based on the information in the application materials received.
Cabrillo College currently provides a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues or service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate of gross salary per month.
**To be considered, each applicant MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed online Cabrillo College Application
- Job-related resume
- Verification of educational qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards (Download PDF reader). Any fee for such translation is paid by the applicant.)
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (unofficial transcripts, copies and downloads are acceptable) to demonstrate the qualification re: college coursework listed in this announcement. If selected it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or other documents as may be requested.
**If any of the above materials are not submitted with your application packet, your materials will be deemed incomplete.
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces/sections or note "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birthplace and personal photos.
Please notify the Human Resources Department if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed by a search committee, which will determine the applicants to invite for interviews based on appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. Performance exam(s) may be administered.
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis screening results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Application Deadline: Application and attached required materials MUST be successfully submitted by 11:59 p.m. on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Cabrillo College currently provides full-time employees a benefit stipend contribution for medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Please note: Employee who work part-time contracts will receive a pro rata benefit stipend based on the percentage of assignment.
Full-time and *part-time classified employees are required to join the California Public Employee's Retirement System (CalPERS) and as such contribute up to 7% of their monthly salary to CalPERS on a pre-tax basis.
Note: Classified-hourly employees are not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
Each employee hired into a classified position shall contribute to membership dues, service fee or charitable contribution at the current rate based on gross salary per month.
*Part-time refers to 1,000 hours/125 days or more per fiscal year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu