Associate Director, Educational Opportunity Fund
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University, an academically competitive Liberal Arts University in Galloway, New Jersey, is seeking an Associate Director for its Educational Opportunity (EOF) fund program to supervise the day to day operations of the EOF program at its Atlantic City campus.
Under the supervision of the Director of EOF, the Associate Director, EOF-AC is responsible for the daily operations of the EOF-AC Program. Responsibilities include assisting in the development of strategic goals, program planning, budgeting, and assessment and annual reporting/compliance with Stockton University and the State.
- Develop goals for EOF-Atlantic City
- Assists with program planning meetings with various academic and student support departments. Acts as liaison to academic and administrative offices in support of EOF-AC initiatives, programs and services.
- Coordinates the review of the academic progress of program participants. Monitors the academic progress of students through the use of progress reports and early alert systems Ensure students in academic jeopardy are advised and provided the proper referrals and mandatory support.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates student success programs and outreach initiatives.
- Assists in the completion of reports requested by Stockton University and the State. Assists in annual reporting and compilation of student rosters and contracts in compliance with state regulations
- Assists in the implementation of EOF budgets
- Administers and supervises the planning and coordination of the EOF-AC counseling program.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates EOF-AC part-time hires and student workers. Supervises the EOF-AC Summer Academy
- Coordinates the Financial Aid outreach for EOF-AC participants including, but not limited to: completion of FAFSA, HESAA documentation, NJFAMS log in, verification and other requirements related to scholarships, loans, payment plans, grants, and successful progress towards graduation guidelines.
- Monitors all summer tutorial/academic support services, financial aid services, and residence life
- Participates in internal and external managerial development trainings (e.g. budget, technology). Participates in conferences and professional associations. .Attends statewide EOF meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of EOF program, the Assistant Dean of Students, the Dean of Students and the Vice president for Student Affairs
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs or Related Field
- 3-5 years professional experience as a student affairs professional
- A strong preference will be given to those with prior EOF experience
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive university benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences with student retention programs.
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.