OLLI Member Relations Coordinator
The Member Relations Coordinator at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at UNC Asheville will be the front line of member support and will offer technical and clerical support for fellow staff members at the Reuter Center. This staff member will enhance the member experience by answering and directing phone and in-person questions from a population of older adults as the front desk receptionist. By managing and assisting with data entry, registrations for all programs, catalog editing, scheduling of classes term by term and other office support duties, this person will allow other OLLI staff members to focus more closely on their program duties. This person is staff liaison to the hospitality committee, to special interest groups, and provides support for our volunteer management.We're looking for enthusiastic applicants who have:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related office experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proven talent for customer service, particularly the ability to multitask while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Familiarity and comfort with a retiree population and a continuing education environment.
- Familiarity and comfort working with volunteers.
- Ability to learn and utilize OLLI's online registration system for managing registrations and creating reports.
- Knowledge of computer software associated with word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in written correspondence.
- Experience in assimilating information on a large number of educational programs, particularly lifelong learning programs and ability to convey sometimes complex information to a general audience whether in person, by phone or email.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through 11:59 p.m. on the closing date specified in the job posting.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.