University Relations Assistant
University Relations Assistant
Posting Number: R0000292
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The University Relations Assistant provides support across the University Relations departmental units with focus on the endeavors of the Alumni and Parent Engagement and Willamette Annual Fund teams.
The University Relations Assistant reports to the AVP of University Relations but may take direction from the University Relations Coordinator.
- Provides general administrative support across the University Relations departmental units with focus on the endeavors of the Alumni and Parent Engagement and Willamette Annual Fund teams.
- Provides a welcoming, helpful customer service demeanor, often managing complex relations with constituents. Delivers accurate and thoughtful assistance striving toward a positive interaction.
- Serves as a contact with several key campus offices, including academic departments, Campus Dining, Facilities, Campus Safety, Financial Affairs, etc.
- Tracks and coordinates reservations for events managed by Alumni and Parent Engagement.
- Receives phone calls and emails from constituents, responding appropriately or forwarding them to the appropriate staff, ensuring a timely response.
- Provides assistance for major alumni, parent and donor events.
- Knowledgeable about Advancement policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable about campus events relating to Alumni and Parent Engagement constituents.
- Maintains Alumni and Parent Engagement efforts such as baby t-shirt, congratulatory and sympathy communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years administrative/secretarial experience.
- Strong computer skills. Willingness to learn new applications and technology related to the job.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Outstanding work organization and time management skills.
- Personal initiative and an ability to manage projects simultaneously, to set priorities and follow-through on projects.
- Experience exercising a high degree of initiative, independent judgment, tact and discretion in the execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment—with a mix of deans, faculty, parents, alumni and staff colleagues.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check.
- Associate's degree and/or college level coursework or training.
- Experience supporting higher education functions such as alumni relations and donor relations strongly preferred.
Willamette University's Office of Advancement is composed of three units: Development, Alumni and Parent Relations and Advancement Services. We strive to maintain a highly collaborative, upbeat and friendly environment while working diligently on achieving our goals. A sense of humor and positive attitude are helpful.
To learn more about the Office of Advancement, visit http://www.willamette.edu/support/index.html
This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly, eligible for overtime) position. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package. Starting hourly rate is $13.61 and may be higher depending on experience, background, and education.
Typical work schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Typical work is performed indoors in a normal work environment. Occasional nights and weekends.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected. Apply immediately.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/University-Relations-Assistant_R0000292
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.