(MCCC-Tenure Track) Faculty Member - Radiologic Technology Program
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the direction of the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Teaches Radiology courses.
- Develops new Radiology courses/curriculum/programs, as appropriate.
- Integrates computer technology into course work.
- Teaches courses via distance learning (Internet), where appropriate.
- Travels to clinical locations to evaluate student progress.
- Meets with and assist students, singly or in groups, regarding comprehension of course content.
- Provides academic advising.
- Participates in the College Governance Committees, and other committees, task forces, sub-committees, and in other activities, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree (Master's degree required by January, 2022); ARRT Certification and Massachusetts license in Radiography; Three years of full-time professional experience in Radiography; Administrative skills; Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and student body diverse in abilities, age ethnicity, race and sexual orientation.
NOTE: A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree; Two years teaching experience in a JRCERT Radiography approved program; Community college teaching experience; Proficient in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction and advising.
COMPENSATION: Salary Range: $44,874-$50,000 Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full State benefits package.
STARTING DATE: Fall, 2018
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- List of references with names, e-mail addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: Screening will begin with applications received by March 28, 2018. Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.