Director/Associate Director of Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
CITL is open for applications and nominations for the position of a full-time Director/Associate Director. ShanghaiTech focuses on learning outcome based education, with traditional and project/research based strategies for lesson, subject and program design. CITL’s mission is to promote the professional development of faculty through teaching training programs, assessment on teaching and learning, information technology and academic support.
Director/Associate Director reports to Vice President. His or her responsibilities include:
- Lead the team of CITL, oversee the center’s administration, and contribute to its strategic planning and the smooth operation of the center
- Develop, implement, and assess pedagogical professional development programs across the university
- Serve as an administrative liaison to committees for faculty development, collaborate with committees on professional development, assessment, information technology, academic support, and consultation.
- Assist faculty in exploration and experimentation with innovative teaching methods and tools
- Produce internal reports and key documents on the CITL work
- Coordinate with the schools, teaching center across the university.
- Five-year teaching experiences of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) education or a related field
- Knowledge of theories and practices of teaching and learning; working knowledge of assessment paradigms and e-learning including the role of technology in instructional effectiveness
- Passion in the wide range of approaches to teaching and learning
- Effective academic administrative skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Chinese-speaking is preferred