Composition Program Lecturer
Open March 1st, 2018 through February 28th, 2019
The Department of English invites applications for one-year or quarterly full-time or part-time Lecturer positions with the possibility of renewal. Annual full-time salaries begin at $53,402. Benefits available to appointees who meet eligibility requirements (for more info go to: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/eligibility/index.html). Reappointment totaling eighteen (18) quarters may lead to consideration for continuing status or appointment following a comprehensive personnel review. UCI Lecturers are represented by the AFT.
Requirements - PhD (preferred) in English, Composition, or a related field. MA in applied linguistics, or a related field, or an MFA in creative writing, also considered. Two (2) years of college-level teaching experience required, with experience in first-year composition preferred. ESL certification and experience, and facility with online instruction and instructional technologies will be valued in our search. Candidates must have their degree conferred by the beginning of instruction on September 27, 2018 to be eligible for employment.
The service period for the quarters:
9/24/18 to 12/14/18
1/2/19 to 3/22/19
3/27/19 to 6/14/19
Application Procedure - Please submit the following:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vitae
• Teaching materials: one teaching portfolio of up to 10 pages total that represent(s) your strengths as an instructor of writing and rhetoric (e.g. syllabus, assignments, sample paper with comments)
• Teaching Evaluations: applicants who have never taught in the UCI Composition Program should include in their application one complete and representative set (i.e. one section) of teaching evaluations, including qualitative responses
• Letter(s) of recommendation required for applicants who have never taught in the UCI Composition Program. Otherwise optional.
Appointment decisions will be made by a committee of Composition Program and English Department faculty.
Submit materials via UC Irvine's online application system, RECRUIT, located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04475. Applications received by TBA will receive full consideration.
For more information, please contact:
Composition Program Manager
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Teaching Materials - One teaching portfolio of up to 10 pages total that represent(s) your strengths as an instructor of writing and rhetoric (e.g. syllabus, assignments, sample paper with comments).
- Teaching Evaluations - Applicants who have never taught in the UCI Composition Program should include in their application one complete and representative set (i.e. one section) of teaching evaluations, including qualitative responses. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
0-3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now