Open date: February 28th, 2018
Next review date: March 13th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: March 27th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
A position is available for a PhD molecular biologist, microbiologist, biochemists, or bacteriologist to study bacteria resistance to antibiotics and to train student researchers. The successful candidate should be a highly organized and dedicated person with skills to train undergraduate and graduate student researchers conducting several research projects on the biology of the antibiotic resistome. Knowledge of antibiotic resistance, molecular microbiology and omics approaches are a plus, but they are not required. Excellent communication skills in English are required, including proven writing skills documented by papers.
Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. in an area of biology, and should have at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience in biology research, with evidence of publications.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. This position is full-time and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Appointment may be at the level of Assistant Specialist (minimum $48,204), Associate Specialist (minimum $54,744) or Specialist (minimum $70,764). The appointment will initially be for a one-year period with extensions to additional years possible subject to availability of funding.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Luis Mota-Bravo via email to [email protected]
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Three References (contact information only)
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• Statement of Research (Optional)
• Statement of Teaching (Optional)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
To apply, submit the requested material to: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04510
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now