Research Associate-Fixed Term
The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences is searching for a postdoctoral research associate - fixed term. This position will participate in department research projects, along with conducting research pertaining to their own program of specialization. The duration of the appointment will be 12 months, with a possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
The expectations of a Postdoctoral Research Associate in EES include:
- Participation and leadership of field expeditions related to his/her research program
- Carrying out his/her own research in applicable area of study
- Publishing peer-reviewed papers by collaborating with supervising faculty
- Vigorously applying for external grants as PI with supervising faculty as Co-PI
- Actively attending workshops, meetings, and conferences
- Mentoring both graduate and undergraduate students in the lab
PhD in a field related to Earth & Environmental Sciences, or other applicable field.Required Application Materials
-Letter of interestSpecial Instructions
Review of applications begins 2/22/18
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.