Research Associate-Fixed Term
Research Associate (Postdoctoral Fellow)Position Summary
LOCATION: Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine, Grand Rapids, MI
SUMMARY: The MacKeigan Laboratory is seeking a motivated Research Associate (postdoctoral fellow). Eligible candidates will have a Ph.D. degree and no more than 3 years of postdoctoral experience. The scope of this fellowship project includes mammalian cell culture, dissection of relevant signaling pathways, live-cell/confocal microscopy and quantitation, RNAi, gene-editing, and flow cytometry. The fellow will work with Dr. MacKeigan and collaborators at Los Alamos National Laboratory on an NCI-funded project investigating the role of autophagy in non-small cell lung cancer.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A team player who shares knowledge with lab members.
- A collaborator who is confident interacting with researchers from other disciplines.
- Creative, motivated, collaborative, and optimistic, with a strong desire to impact human health.
For more information about the MacKeigan Laboratory and lab culture, please visit:
More information on Grand Rapids, MI:
- Ranked No. 1 on top ten places to visit (Lonely Planet, 2014)
- 30 miles away from Lake Michigan beaches
- Creative culture with unique restaurants, breweries, museums, and concert venues
- Home to Art Prize, the world’s largest art competition
Doctorate -Cancer/Cell BiologyMinimum Requirements
Eligible candidates will have a Ph.D. degree and no more than 3 years of postdoctoral experience.Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
In addition to applying: Interested candidates should email Dr. MacKeigan at [email protected].
- Cover letter that describes your unique experiences and why we should hire you
- NIH style biosketch (limit 5 pages)
- Personal statement describing long and short term career goals (1 page)
- Fellowship objectives including skills to be gained and publication plans (1 page)
Review of applications will begin March 6 and continue until filled.