Research Associate-Fixed Term
The position is in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology. Dr. Meghea has several ongoing and completed clinical trials, with preliminary data available. The Research Associate will participate in maternal and child health research, with a focus on tobacco cessation and prevention during and around pregnancy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing and submitting large-scale clinical trial grant proposals and research papers
- Assisting on grant proposals and papers
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Dr. Meghea
Requirements include the ability to work independently, prior experience as first author of research articles. Experience writing grant proposals is an advantage.
Inquiries about the position are actively encouraged ([email protected])
The duration of the position is two years, the second year contingent upon satisfactory progress in the first year. The position is based in the College of Human Medicine in East Lansing, a growing research group dedicated to community-partnered research for under-served populations and limited resources settings.
- Recent PhD in maternal and child health, public health, or a related field
- Strong academic writing skills
- Have multiple peer-reviewed journal articles published or in press, including first-author article/s
Other desired qualifications include knowledge and experience in advanced statistics and software-based statistical analysis of data, experience working with large datasets including medical claims, strong writing and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team as well as independently.
Required Application Materials
Submit formal application through the Michigan State University careers website, www.careers.msu.edu
Review of applications will begin on 02/28/2018 and continue until filled.