Blugold Central: Registrar Operations Specialist
Job ID 14076
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Full-Time
POSITION: A full-time, renewable professional academic staff position is available in Blugold Central to serve as a Registrar Operations Specialist beginning in April or as soon thereafter as possible. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience with integrated student information systems
- Knowledge of an academic structure and programs, academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Professional judgment and discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to provide superior customer service
- Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to perform work requiring strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences
- Proven understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Records management and system knowledge
- Integrated technological system management (process flow, data management, access, problem solving, record retention)
- Assists with a variety of information system-related implementation projects
- Coordinates and conducts activities and functions critical to producing reliable and accurate records, serving as information resource, processing credit related processes, report processes and data validation
- Serves as functional liaison for third-party software solutions including testing, managing updates, implementation and integration with other software solutions
- Performs athletic verifications to certify athletes for intercollegiate play within NCAA regulations
- Has responsibility for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the electronic resources and record retention program
- Gathers and interprets student information and verifies accuracy
- Resolves problems and discrepancies
- Conducts background research to resolve complex problems with course/grade equivalencies, transfer credit, student record, withdrawal requests, and the like
- Safeguards institutional compliance and security in conjunction with third party vendors
- Enforces policies to determine appropriate response to requests, as applicable
- Brings forward continuous process improvement ideas
- Trains and assists faculty, staff and advisors on Registrar’s online, integrated systems
- Hires, trains, and supervises 2 – 3 student workers
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Blugold Central: Registrar Operations Specialist position (Job ID # 14076) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Tessa Derickson; [email protected]
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 23, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.