Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement - Office of Vice Chancell
Assistant Director of
Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement for Student Affairs. Student Affairs at the University of Illinois is comprised of 13 departments and is one of the most comprehensive Student Affairs organizations in the country. The qualified candidate will implement and manage a comprehensive constituent engagement program and will execute strategies and tactics for donor retention and stewardship, building support for annual giving and the major gift pipeline.
Personal Solicitation of Leadership Annual Giving Donors and Prospects
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement will be responsible for growing and renewing the level of private support from alumni and friends of Student Affairs by personally cultivating and soliciting prospects and donors. The Assistant Director will build and manage a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects with giving capacity of $1,000-$25,000. This position will personally cultivate, solicit and steward annual giving donors, encouraging existing donors to renew and upgrade their current giving level; qualify, solicit and steward loyal donors for planned giving capacity; and personally re-connect with lapsed and engaged non-donors in order to grow the annual giving donor base.
Responsibilities in the area of Leadership Annual Giving include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage a portfolio of annual giving prospects, implementing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies in alignment with the major gifts program for Student Affairs.
- The Assistant Director will make a minimum of 20 personal contacts per month (in-person or via substantive phone/email conversation, with a minimum of 5 personal visits per month) with donors and prospective donors regarding their giving to Student Affairs.
- Create new strategies and enhance existing initiatives to promote donor retention and inspire giving from this constituency.
- Oversee targeted retention and acquisition efforts through the means of personal contact.
- In conjunction with University of Illinois Foundation Gift Planning and Trust Services Department, seek opportunities to promote and solicit deferred gifts among alumni, with a special emphasis on qualification of donor prospects.
- Regularly assess communications to key constituents and affinity-based groups for opportunities to refine and strengthen personalized and segmented advancement content and strategy.
- Manage a system of reports that reflect annual giving progress as well as offer major gift officers and regional directors access to pipeline activity and opportunities. Provide ongoing prospect assists/suggestions to major gift officers and regional directors based on own interactions and data from a central database.
- Support Telemarketing efforts.
- Attend Annual Giving Roundtable and Stewardship Roundtable.
Donor Relations and Constituent Engagement
The Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement is responsible for managing a high level donor relations and constituent engagement program that focuses on strategic and proactive collaborations with Advancement colleagues, Regional Directors, and staff in Student Affairs, to strengthen relationships with key external constituents to support the mission and strategic plan of all units in Student Affairs, and to support the growth of the prospect pipeline for annual funds, Leadership Annual Giving, and major gifts. This position will require work on evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities in the area of Donor Relations and Constituent Giving include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with front-line gift officers and Student Affairs staff on alumni/constituent engagement programming to strengthen prospect relationships and fully optimize opportunities for cultivation and solicitation.
- Implement and manage key advancement special events, measuring impact and return on investment in regard to engagement and giving.
- Oversee and facilitate collaboration with leadership and staff in constituent engagement, donor stewardship, and recognition opportunities.
- Develop a portfolio of key alumni engagement prospects with the goal of transitioning to annual funds/leadership annual giving prospects.
- Develop and implement alumni engagement and stewardship metrics to determine effectives of activities, projects and initiatives.
- Manage communication with scholarship donors and the administration of scholarships, and insure the highest level of stewardship.
- Oversee donor acknowledgements and facilitate procedures for donor acknowledgements to ensure accuracy, personalization and timeliness.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Office by performing all other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of fundraising, advancement, alumni relations experience, experience in higher education setting or transferrable experience (or experience in a related field such as internship, student call center, or service and relationship oriented position); strong interpersonal communication skills and public relations skills; strong writing skills; detail oriented; demonstrated experience working under and meeting multiple task deadlines. Experience working as a part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, relationship-based environment. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituency.
Preferred: Knowledge and understanding of Student Affairs. Demonstrated experience in implementing and executing annual funds programs, familiarity with UIUC policies and procedures. Familiarity and comfort level with technology.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time Academic Professional position.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by March 21, 2018. Screening interviews may begin before that date, but all applications received by that date will receive full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Student Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving and Constituent Engagement - Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (A1800127)
Open Date: 02/28/2018
Close Date: 03/21/2018
Organization Name: OVCSA-Developmnt Ofc