Part-Time Instructor - Emergency Medical Services
Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours
Part-Time Instructor - Emergency Medical Services
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
The Aims Community College EMS Program is seeking part-time faculty to teach EMT classes on our Windsor Campus and at concurrent enrollment sites (high schools) in northern Colorado starting summer semester. The EMS program is growing and we need individuals that can commit to teaching an EMT class in a lead instructor role. The Aims CC EMS program is known for our commitment to high standards and innovative learning. The EMS Program has some of the best equipment in Colorado and a new and modern facility that was built as a model for student centered learning.
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
a. Teaching - provide effective and high quality instruction; refine and modernize curriculum to be educationally sound and meet the high standards of the College. Plan for classroom, laboratory and clinical learning.
b. Organize EMT labs and oversee assistant instructors.
c. Develop and maintain a course shell in an online learning platform.
d. Submit grades and course syllabi on time and maintain accurate attendance and grade records.
e. Teach on various campus/outreach sites at various times, including evenings/weekends, as assigned.
f. Assure compliance with outside agency regulations.
g. Assist with the maintenance and coordination of EMS equipment used for instruction on or off campus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United states on a part/full-time basis.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related healthcare field from an accredited college or university OR Associate degree in fire science or related healthcare degree PLUS EMT certification AND 8,000 hours of experience.
2. Current Colorado EMT certified.
3. Minimum of four (4) years emergency medical experience with knowledge of hospital and EMS policies and procedures.
4. Must hold a valid driver's license.
5. Have completed a course in teaching adults (e.g. Train the Trainer) or have documented experience in teaching adults.
6. Current CPR certification.
7. Qualify for a full-time Colorado Vocational Credential in Health Science Technology.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs and Outlook.
1. Faculty must hold a career and technical education credential in the discipline in which they teach as required by the Colorado State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education. Criteria for the credentials vary slightly by discipline. Permanent forbearance of career and technical education experience or other deficiencies related to career and technical education credential requirements may be granted only by the CCCS Credentialing Oversight Committee. For more information on required credentials, contact the Career and Technical Education Director or review the criteria at http://www.coloradostateplan.com.
2. Full-time CTE faculty must show that a combination of their education and work experience is equal to at least one level beyond that of the courses they teach - toward that end, faculty must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. The equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree shall be defined as: Associate degree in fire science or related healthcare degree plus paramedic certification and 8,000 hours of experience.
1. Experience in a community college teaching environment, curriculum writing, and alternative delivery instruction.
2. Clinical and Lab instruction experience.
3. Paramedic Certification
Valid Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2941
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document