Art Faculty (Photo/Digital/Foundations)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Art Faculty (Photo/Digital/Foundations)
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College (Maryland), Takoma Park/Silver Spring is seeking a full-time art faculty member to fill a position for fall 2018. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner to join our vibrant arts community. The Department of Visual and Performing Arts encompasses several artistic fields. We offer classes in dance, film, music, theater, graphic design, and visual arts. The department presents twelve art exhibitions, produces two theater productions; and offers numerous dance and music concerts in our outstanding facilities each year.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach studio courses in all levels of digital and darkroom photography.
- Teach studio courses in foundations and/or digital arts.
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to the discipline.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend, accelerated sections, and/or online courses. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Serve on or lead department, discipline, campus, and college committees.
- Provide academic advising to students.
- Participate in recruitment and retention activities for the department.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- A Master of Fine Arts (or equivalent degree) in visual arts.
- College-level teaching experience in the visual arts. (Graduate school experience is acceptable, but applicant must have been the instructor of record.)
- Experience teaching college-level darkroom and/or digital photography.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate computer/digital technology into course delivery.
- Evidence of ongoing professional activity in the visual arts.
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, all levels of black and white fine art photography.
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, digital fine art photography.
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, digital media courses.
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, art foundations courses.
- Experience coordinating, or demonstrated ability to coordinate, a black and white darkroom.
- Experience teaching online courses.
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience supporting underprepared students.
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by March 30, 2018
In addition to the online MC application, applicant must upload the following 3 PDFs to Dropbox.com at https://www.dropbox.com/request/couXVPwpQKA1VoCMXq85. All files must be uploaded by the March 30, 2018 deadline.
- One pdf containing, in this order: a cover letter, CV/Resume, artist statement, list of college-level credit courses taught, sample course syllabus, and sample project description. (Filename: Lastname_writtendocs)
- A second pdf containing: Up to 20 images (including details) of personal professional work. Each image should be identified with title, media, dimensions, and year of completion. Image portfolio may be accompanied with up to 4 minutes of video.(Filename: Lastname_images)
- A third pdf containing: Up to 20 images of student work for which the applicant was instructor of record. Each image should be identified with course title, media, and a brief description (50 words or less) of the assignment objectives. (Filename: Lastname_studentimages)
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, March 30, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
TP/SS - Cafritz Foundation Art Center