Chief Administrative Officer, Stony Brook Cancer Center
Chief Administrative Officer, Stony Brook Cancer Center-1800441
- Accountable for all Stony Brook Cancer Center 's (SBCC's) business operations.
- Develops in collaboration with the SBCC Chief Clinical Officer (COO) and Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) the strategic plan that incorporates SBCC's vision, values and mission and an annual implementation plan in which the Governing Committee can measure achievement towards SBCC's vision.
- Co-leadership among the CCO, CAO and CNO in communicating of SBCC’s vision, values and mission.
- Oversees all Governing Committee functions and activities including development of meeting agendas, taking minutes, giving appropriate notices and monitoring follow-up.
- Employment, termination, development and appraising authority of all employees accountable to the incumbent.
- Co-leadership with the CCO and CNO of SBCC’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Supports the CCO in developing and implementing peer review programs within the staff and faculty.
- Participates in and supports fund-raising efforts including grateful patient programs.
- Directs, manages and is responsible for coordinating SBCC’s human resources management.
- Oversees the operation of the building in which the clinical cancer center resides.
- Oversees the functions of financial counseling, authorizations and denials and patient advocacy.
- Participates as a Leadership Team Member, in achieving SBCC’s continuous quality and performance improvement processes annual goals.
- Develops and implements programs to measure patient satisfaction and to meet customer needs and set annual service standards.
- Develops in collaboration with CCO and CNO annual operational goals, objectives, and implementation plans to support SBCC’s vision and strategic plans.
- Directs and collaborates with other Leadership Team Members to maintain efficient and productive use of space, facilities and equipment.
- Develops and maintains new faculty and staff on-boarding/orientation.
- Represents SBCC at appropriate SBUH leadership meetings.
- Evidence of progressive program services and physician practice management experience in a comparable setting involving the delivery of both inpatient and outpatient oncology services.
- Evidence of management success in a comparable setting which demonstrates evidence of program growth, successful management of operations, etc.
- Evidence of an understanding and successful management of the politics of an academic medical center and a highly matrixed comprehensive cancer center.
- Evidence of comprehensive cancer center experience and knowledge which supports the synergistic roles of clinical care and clinical research in reaching optimal clinical outcomes and ultimately designation as a NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Track record of financial management and successful performance combined with business planning skills.
- Evidence of strategic planning, marketing, network development and fund raising skills and expertise.
- Evidence of quality management and process improvement experience and expertise.
- Evidence of cancer program information systems content/knowledge expertise.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in business, health care administration, nursing or related field.
- A minimum of eight to ten years of experience in an ACoS/COC approved cancer program.
- Successful track record of effective decision-making/problem solving skills.
- Strong finance and financial management experience to include quantitative skills.
- Understanding of and work experience with the multidisciplinary process of treating cancer patients.
- Easily engages with key staff, developing long term partnerships and collaborations with physicians to cultivate strong relationships to build and professionally develop and counsel when needed.
- Requires effective communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build consensus through collaboration and influence.
- Demonstrated professional, organizational and leadership skills.
- Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration.
- Three to five years in outpatient and physician practice management experience.
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in the leadership of a comprehensive cancer program with at least three years’ experience in an academic medical center/health science center environment; experience in a NCI designated cancer center.
- National recognition as an administrative leader in the oncology space through at least the Association of Cancer Executives and the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Procedure for Candidacy
Please DO NOT click the “Apply Online” button listed on this page. You must follow the instructions below to be considered for candidacy.
Julia Williams and Caron Holzer are assisting Stony Brook Medicine with this important search.
Please forward, as soon as possible, applications or nominations of appropriate candidates to:
c/o firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
ZRG Partners, LLC
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Associate Administrator
Job Field: Allied Health
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Cancer Center-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am - 5:00pmCancer Center-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Feb 28, 2018
Posting End Date: May 29, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: MP3