Clinical Research Associate II
Clinical Research Associate II-1800398
- Review study protocols for feasibility and work with associated clinical departments/units (Investigational Drug Service, Laboratory Services, scheduling and registration as well as different multi-departmental disease health care teams) to ensure the Heart Institute is maximizing its ability to enroll patients into trials.
- Responsible for new, continuing review, and all amendments to IRB applications submitted to the Office of Research Compliance, regulatory agencies and sponsors.
- Develop and initiate clinical policies and procedures to ensure high quality compliance for protocols. Development of recruitment and retention plans for individual clinical trials. Screen, recruit subjects and complete case report forms.
- Ensure all necessary testing and consents are completed prior to study according to protocol, ensure study compliance with institution and federal guidelines as required.
- Work directly with the office of Clinical Trials with budget development for all clinical trials. Assist in the preparation of presentations and publications.
- Act as a liaison with sponsors, cooperative groups, regulatory agencies, clinical departments and departmental staff. Internally audit, monitor and maintain patient medical records during the study.
- Travel to investigator meetings and provide updates to sponsors, investigators and the IRB
- Other duties as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Clinical Research Associate II
Job Field: Research Professional / Technical
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - Cardiology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am - 5:00pmMedicine - Cardiology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Feb 28, 2018
Posting End Date: Mar 14, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $65,000-$80,000 / Annual @ 1.0 FTE.
Salary Grade: E99