Program Manager, Events
The Parent Giving and Boulder Advancement Programs Department at the University of Colorado Boulder is inviting applications for a Program Manager, Events. This position will support the development and growth of event and stewardship efforts for the Parent Giving and Boulder Advancement Programs office, with particular emphasis on creating and executing multiple parent donor events each year. The program manager will coordinate and collaborate with Donor Relations, Advancement partners throughout campus, and CU System Advancement. This position will work with the Assistant Vice Chancellor to plan, execute, and review donor stewardship efforts for the office, serve as team representative on stewardship-related task forces and committees as well as be part of the department's administrative team.
Who we are:
Nestled up against the Flatirons, in the beautiful Rocky Mountain region, CU Boulder is growing its Advancement team to help elevate the University as it reaches new heights to solve the humanitarian, social, and technological challenges of the 21st Century. Chief among our long-term strategic goals is the development of more coordinated, collaborative, and message-driven donor programs. This newly-created position will help deepen donor relationships, grow parent and annual giving, and more directly connect annual donors to their impact on campus.
The Parent Giving and Boulder Advancement Programs office is a comprehensive development office that helps CU Boulder alumni, friends, and current and past parents philanthropically support CU Boulder in a way that is most meaningful to them.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Events and Outreach
- Plan and execute donor events (15+/year) to promote engagement and philanthropy from parent donors, loyal donors, and leadership annual giving donors, from receptions to small dinners.
- With leadership from the Vice Chancellor for Advancement and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Parent Giving and Boulder Advancement Programs, plan two Parent Leadership Society Board weekends per year.
- In coordination with Donor Relations, and the PGBAP team, plan and execute the annual Celebration of Scholars event.
- For these events responsibilities can include: creating invitations and mailing lists, securing venues and caterers, managing vendors, handling RSVPs, choosing menus/decorations, creating nametags and check-in lists, researching attendees, coordinating day-of activities, staff events and ensuring appropriate event follow-up.
- Manage large data sets for event outreach and follow-up.
- Coordinate with Donor Relations to manage donor access to ticketed events, including football tickets, suites and other activities.
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice Chancellor to develop goals and strategies to continually improve stewardship efforts.
- Perform administrative tasks which may consist of correspondence, composing and maintaining external lists, internal documents and processes.
- Follow guidelines from the department manager regarding budgeted expenses associated with events. Review "budget-to-actual" status on a monthly basis and notify management of any significant concerns.
- Act as liaison to University contacts, vendors, donors, volunteers, and others as related to assigned programs/projects.
- Assume special projects as requested by leadership, and other duties as assigned.
What you should know:
- This position involves occasional evening and weekend hours.
- May involve some travel.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be innovative. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience planning and managing events.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What you will need:
- Experience planning and implementing events, including managing third-party relationships.
- Familiarity with donor relations techniques and best practices.
- Experience or comfort with designing event invitations and limited collateral.
- Expert written and oral communications skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- Expert ability to establish and enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with all levels of customers.
- Expert ability to use and analyze data.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience working in advancement and/or donor relations.
- Experience with Cvent, Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and/or database software.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 14, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12779.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 14, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00744163