JOB NO.: 93654-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/LAFOLLET PUBL AF/LAF PA
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive, Instructional
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 93654-LI
Working Title: Associate Director
Official Title: ASC DIR, UNSPEC (8)(M94FN)
Hiring Department: A484400-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/LAFOLLET PUBL AF/LAF PA
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 02, 2018
Minimum $63,513 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's Degree Required: Master's of Public Affairs or related terminal degree.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Three years of experience working in higher education is required.
- More than two years of work experience in career development, public sector or teaching in higher education is required.
- Experience in team building, staff supervision, and project management preferred.
- Knowledge of public policy professional careers and training is preferred.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin and/or Federal Government preferred.
- Knowledge of international and local work opportunities helpful.
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with students, faculty, staff and alumni.
License or certificate:
The La Follette Associate Director provides program leadership and is responsible for educational programming, including the Master of Public Affairs (MPA) and Master of International Public Affairs (MIPA) programs. The Associate Director will manage career services, teach one class (PA 800 Professional Development Workshop) and take on a leadership role with the Wisconsin Family Impact Seminars and Committee Connect legislative outreach programs. This position also provides direct day-to-day oversight of all aspects of the School's activities including budgeting, strategic planning, development, and staff supervision.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
For questions on the position contact: Bonnie Lane, [email protected] or (608) 262-6059
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 28 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 28 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time