Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder is searching for an Executive Director to advance, grow and enhance the school's strategic and tactical marketing and communications efforts. A suitable candidate should be creative, entrepreneurial, an excellent project manager and exhibit the highest standards of professionalism. The school is seeking an individual who enjoys working in a dynamic work environment filled with individuals committed to a shared vision and mission. Reporting to the Dean, the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications will coordinate across programs to execute strategic marketing and communications aimed at positioning the Leeds School of Business as a recognized thought leader in business education and research. The Executive Director will be responsible for building a federated marketing and communications model for the school, leading a team that will work closely with our major stakeholders (e.g., undergraduate office, graduate office, advancement, external relations) to understand their needs, advise them on how to best meet their goals while remaining in alignment with the overall Leeds School strategy, mission, and brand.
Who we are:
Based in Boulder, Colorado, a hub for innovation and entrepreneurial activity, CU Leeds consistently ranks among the top business schools in the country. As part of the #18 most entrepreneurial universities in the nation according to Forbes, we approach each effort with the entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude that exemplifies the students, faculty and alumni of the Leeds community. It is exciting to see that our work has the potential of being highly influential, as business practices are redefined throughout the 21st century.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Responsible for working with school leadership to develop, manage and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy for the Leeds School of Business to better establish it as the premier business school in the region and elevate its reputation as a major thought leader and educational institution of choice at the national and international level. This requires communications and marketing strategies targeted to a diverse set of constituents: prospective students and their families, current students, alumni, donors, corporate partners, the general business community, boards, faculty, staff and rating/ranking organizations.
- Create a federated model for the Leeds School of Business to service the school's marketing and communications needs, assuring brand compliance while working closely with stakeholders to develop their projects and manage timelines. The federated model will allow for a centralized school marketing and communications strategy that allows for stakeholder customization.
- Contribute to the elevation of the CU Leeds' reputation through marketing communications to our key stakeholder groups, with attention to students, employers, academics (including deans who rank programs) and the business community.
- Help align unit goals for their communication and marketing efforts with the strategic vision of the school and the university to develop impactful and cohesive communications.
- Position the Leeds brand - as a major element of the CU Boulder brand - among stakeholders and key influencers.
- Leverage resources and relationships to foster and support a business development strategy.
- Facilitate communications internally to Leeds faculty, staff and students in order to ensure consistency in language and communications about key strategic initiatives to build our brand, strengthen work relationships, ensure transparency of marketing goals and initiatives, set expectations and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and maintain a high-quality, high-impact website and social media strategy including content that celebrates the school's strategic mission and goals, with focus on student recruitment, career impact, academic excellence, alumni and corporate engagement, reputation building and advancement efforts.
- Proactively develop and manage integrated marketing campaigns and branded marketing materials for a broad range of stakeholders, successfully uniting short- and long-term departmental goals with school- and university-wide strategic marketing partners and objectives.
- Assure school alignment with the Chancellor's Strategic Imperatives.
- Identify and track important metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with established goals.
- Develop strategy, vision, and communication plan for use of college wide email marketing platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Emanating from the federated model within the Leeds School, serve as an active contributor to the campus-wide marketing and content strategy in collaboration with college and school colleagues and major campus partners (i.e., Admissions, Advancement, Strategic Relations and Communications, Student Affairs, Human Resources, etc.)
Manage external communications to enhance the reputation of the Leeds School.
- Support the Dean's communications needs, including presentations, meeting preparation and other messaging.
- Support our Graduate, Undergraduate and Diversity program areas in their efforts to attract top students and build our brand equity with prospective students and families
- Support Advancement External Relations and Career Development efforts with respect to communications for our Boards, corporate partners, employers, alumni, donors and friends.
- Coordinate with the campus strategic media team to connect faculty and other experts with media for press stories.
- Manage issue and crisis communications as needed, working in coordination with the University Office of Strategic Relations and Communications.
- Guide strategic, consistent and compelling multi-media storytelling with consideration to messaging, audience and platform.
Develop and execute an ongoing plan for communicating the school's vision and mission with internal constituents including students, faculty and staff.
- Proactively develop, produce and disseminate clear and consistent communications within the school's staff, faculty and student communities.
- Work with undergraduate and graduate offices to ensure effective communication with our existing students, enhancing their experience through concise, informative and impactful messaging.
- Connect and coordinate internal communications with campus partners in Strategic Relations, and Communications, Undergraduate Education, the Graduate School, Student Affairs and other areas, as appropriate.
Department Operations Oversight
Lead and inspire a team of high-performing marketing and communication professionals. Effectively manage people in developing and implementing best-in-class marketing across an array of communications channels.
- Enhance systems and processes for managing incoming marketing requests to ensure requests are aligned with strategic goals, client expectations are clearly set and consistently met and the volume of work does not exceed team capacity.
- Manage the integration and support of all Leeds School of Business programs, centers and initiatives with marketing and communications efforts. Successfully work and coordinate with affiliated personnel throughout the school.
- Produce, manage and oversee the unit's financial budget, ensuring adherence to budget parameters, ongoing tracking of budgetary progress and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Align incoming workload requests with school-wide priorities and delegate appropriately.
What we can offer:
A competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado also offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring and innovative higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be impactful. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in marketing, communications, journalism, English or a related field.
- Three years' experience working in higher education.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Seven years of relevant marketing/communications/media management experience.
- Experience working directly with C-Suite level executives and external advisory groups/boards.
- Demonstrated experience in offline and online marketing and communications efforts.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage workflow and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of different groups and levels with a strong service and integration approach.
- Experience implementing a change management process.
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing a brand in various life stages.
What we would like you to have:
- Experience working at a director-level in higher education.
- Business degree or business school experience.
- Master's degree in marketing, communications, English or a related program.
- Greater than ten years of relevant marketing/communications/media management/journalism experience.
- Greater than three years' experience working in higher education.
- Experience with regional and national media, with demonstrated successful results.
- Email marketing platform experience.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 26, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12748.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10255 - Leeds School of Business
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 26, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003020