The DevOps Engineer works in a cross-functional product development team that includes Developers, QA's, User Interface Designers and Product Managers. This role will be responsible for ensuring our tooling is an enabler of organizational agility. Specifically that we have robust and automated processes that move code from commit, through build and automated quality assurance processes, to deployment to staging environments and thereafter into production environments. This position works collaboratively with a team comprised of DevOps Engineers and Software
Who we are:
Strategic Relations creates the strategies, messages and tools to align CU Boulder's communications, engage with and influence its audiences and advance its reputation and mission.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Write and maintain deployment scripts for automating processes.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Assist with the release process and develop tooling to automate repeated tasks
- Document operational processes.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement monitoring, alerting and management infrastructure.
- Assisting with developing tooling and improving processes to automate monitoring and metrics to maximize the feedback the team get from production.
- Work with manager on maintaining a centralized log system to include reporting and monitoring the health of our framework for both software and hardware.
- Contribute infrastructure expertise to the product development process.
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions during product development.
- Work collaboratively with a team comprised of DevOps Engineers and Software Development Engineers.
- Respond in real time to production service problems and outages, troubleshooting and escalating problems for rapid resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application deployment and operations.
- Serve on the on-call team rotation, and as an escalation contact for service incidents.
What we can offer:
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be resourceful. Be informed. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Additional software or web development experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 1+ years in Systems Engineering/DevOps role in a large environment
- Experience with Configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible
- Proficient scripting in PHP and Python and the ability to pick up new languages
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods (svn, git).
What you will need:
- The ability to analyze and optimize systems.
- A desire to automate manual tasks.
- Demonstrable understanding of basic computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to research options beyond what you have experience with in order to solve a problem.
What we'd like you to have:
- Working Drupal experience.
- Familiar and comfortable with the following: Apache, memcache, varnish or equivalent.
- Experience supporting containerized services.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies, such as OpenStack, VMWare.
- Experience in optimizing MySQL database performance particular for a Drupal framework.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and internals with a good understanding of networking and related http protocols.
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
- Experience with Python Flask/Eve/Celery.
- Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience in multiple-tier deployment (dev, test, production) and high-performance environments.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 14, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12751.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10025 - Office of Strategic Relations
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 14, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744154