FACULTY ASSOCIATE - BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
JOB NO.: 93610-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/BIOMEDICAL ENGR
Categories: Engineering, Instructional
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93610-AS
Working Title: FACULTY ASSOCIATE - BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Official Title: FACULTY ASSOCIATE(D92DN) or ASSOC FACULTY ASSOC(D92FN) or ASST FACULTY ASSOC(D92LN)
Hiring Department: A194200-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/BIOMEDICAL ENGR
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
PhD in Biomedical Engineering with an emphasis in Biomechanics or related field
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
One semester of teaching experience in engineering design and biomechanics or mechanical engineering, biomechanics laboratory experience, and academic advising/mentorship experience at the college level required. Experience gained in these areas as a graduate student will be accepted.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Familiarity with engineering education in a university setting.
- Knowledge of academic grading systems, ability to interpret standardized test scores, and ability to analyze written/oral recommendations and evaluations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with applicants, current students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working in a team and managing long-term projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong computer skills, including web design and interfacing with databases; experience with ISIS and DARS system is particularly helpful.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge with laboratory equipment especially mechanical testing
- An outgoing and energetic service-oriented approach.
License or certificate:
As a member of the professional team in the Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), the individual will be responsible for all aspects of providing comprehensive program support services in this department. The individual will work closely with the Department Chair, Vice Chair, Associate Chairs, and jointly with the other faculty and staff in the department associated with BME teaching and student advising.
We encourage applications from candidates whose skills and/or background prepare them to work effectively across socially diverse atmosphere and economic classes.
Instructions to applicants:
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted online via UW Madison's online job application system. To start the application process, click on the "Apply Now" button. Applicants will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. Applicants will also be asked to provide the names and contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 28 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 28 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time