Assistant Director of Student Organizations
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Assistant Director of Student Organizations
Student Life and Campus Community
Position #1175 - Requisition 12802
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Student Life and Campus Community has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Student Organizations position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Assistant Directors have responsibility for projects, functions or processes within a department. These positions may recommend strategy and provide professional support to Directors and may have the authority to act on the Director's behalf. Assistant Directors typically supervise other staff but do not generally control the allocation of fiscal or human resources.
The Assistant Director for Student Organizations is a vital team member that will assist in providing leadership for a comprehensive student organization program that encourages student learning, enhances the overall university experience, results in community building and prepares students for leadership roles and responsibilities. This position coordinates a comprehensive student organization program including recognition, budgeting, policies/procedures/guidelines, programming and workshops. Additionally, this position supervises the graduate assistant for student organizations, graduate assistant studying the feasibility of Greek Life as well as the Coordinator of the CU Denver Sentry. The position interacts directly with students, faculty, associate deans, directors and staff within the university and externally with employers, community partners, alumni, and other professionals.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $ 48,750 to $ 50,100 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, communication, social science, women and gender studies, psychology, business, public administration, business administration, higher education, counseling, liberal arts, finance, accounting, human services, student affairs, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for student activities, campus life or related area within a higher education setting.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Higher Education, Counseling or a related field and experience.
- Experience supervising professional staff members
- Experience working with student clubs and organizations.
- Experience in campus programming and or Greek life.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, student centered and developmentally focused higher education environment
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem-solve and take initiative; ability to anticipate needs and priorities.
- Flexible and collaborative, yet able to work effectively with a high degree of independence
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 26, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 26, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [[email protected]].
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30043 - AVCASA-UL Student Life
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Avery Balano
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001775