Assistant Director of Communication
The Office of the Registrar welcomes applications for an Assistant Director of Communication. As the Assistant Director of Communication, you will lead the development, design, and management of all communications for the Office of the Registrar as guided by the Associate Registrar for IT, Reporting, and Communications. You will serve as the communications liaison between various stakeholder groups, primarily between the Office of the Registrar customers: RO IT staff, UIS, OIT, campus departments, and internal/external communications/marketing teams. This position is accountable for effectively communicating customer needs and working with various groups in coordination of communications release management. Working with the CRM Strategist/Report Developer, this position is responsible for managing the customer relationship management (CRM) systems, as well as other various communications systems, and partners with UComm, eComm, OIT, and UIS to develop more efficient ways of utilizing these tools. Additionally, this position is responsible for discovering and researching system issues and working with UIS & OIT to resolution. In this role, you will research and advocate for system enhancements and work with UIS & OIT to develop, test, and migrate enhancements into production.
Who we are:
The Office of the Registrar, in support of the educational mission of the University of Colorado Boulder, ensures the integrity and security of academic records and provides enrollment and academic support through innovative systems and superior service to students and other stakeholders.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the communications software application; designing, testing, assessing, and approving current and future systems.
- Maintain and analyze accuracy of data in Oracle CRM, Salesforce.com, and other communications tools.
- Develop accurate audiences to which communications will be sent.
- Troubleshoot system issues and work with technical resources to resolve them.
- Learn new and more efficient ways of using the communications systems, making system enhancements as possible.
- Work closely with IT Professionals in the Office of the Registrar to develop queries using the University's data warehouse system, Oracle CRM audience builder, and PSQuery reporting needed to support all communications development.
- Build all custom reports specific to each communication.
- Remain current with industry best practices; maintaining professional competence and knowledge around changes in regulations, technology, and development.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance of the Registrar website and intranet.
- Work with ROIT to support current and future application needs for both the public facing and intranet sites.
- Assess and reassess, as needed, the comprehensive communication plan for Office of the Registrar.
- Develop and maintain all registrar information currently online and in print.
- Provide input and communications-needs-analysis for the catalog, curriculum, and schedule of classes as requested, including workflow buildout.
- Supervise the Communications Coordinator position within the Office of the Registrar which is responsible for communication campaigns to support upcoming student registration activities and faculty grading, as well as ongoing communications with multiple distribution lists on ISIS student records improvements, system downtime, and other activities.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$64,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be accomplished. Be creative. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in higher education, preferably in a student services area.
- Proven experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems, preferably Oracle CRM and/or Salesforce.com.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML and/or an HTML editor, especially Drupal.
- Demonstrated experience with Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and/or other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Previous supervision of professional-level staff.
- Working knowledge of student data processing, analysis and design, and web-based delivery systems.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organization skills, including with both business-end/functional users and technical staff.
What you will need:
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills, strong orientation toward collaboration and communication, ability to earn trust and respect from a challenging customer base.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master's Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field highly desired.
- 2 years Oracle Peoplesoft/Campus Solutions, student information systems experience.
- 2 year of experience with Oracle CRM and/or Salesforce.com.
- Intermediate experience with HTML and/or an HTML editor, especially Drupal.
- Intermediate experience with Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and/or other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 14, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12731.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10401 - Office of the Registrar
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 14, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00706553