Research Specialist I/II
Requisition # 2018-8540
Department Integrative Genomics
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a Research Specialist I/II position to join the laboratory of Mike Levine whose research focuses on the mechanisms of transcriptional regulation in Drosophila melanogaster and Ciona intestinalis. We utilize a wide range of tools from molecular biology and genetics and apply state-of-the-art microscopy in our work.
Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience. Salary will include the full benefits package.
This will be a one-year term position, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will start as soon as possible.
Specific duties include:
- Fly genetics
- Basic molecular biology procedures.
- Generation of transgenic fly lines via injection
- Application of microscopy techniques and imaging of live and fixed fly embryos.
- Participation in lab chores, maintenance, inventory, and purchasing.
- Participation in group meetings.
- Train new lab members on protocols, equipment usage, and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in biology or related field.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to maintain a meticulous daily laboratory notebook.
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Laboratory research experience and familiarity with microscopy, basic molecular biology procedures and data analysis.
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
- Experience with Drosophila melanogaster as an experimental system.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.