Advanced Practice Provider/Residenc/UKHC
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Resident in the ambulatory and acute care setting works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team.
The APP Resident is generally service or MD aligned and works with a distinct patient population. On occasion the Resident may perform some coordination of inpatient care and outpatient follow-up after discharge.
The APP Resident has a strong foundation in evidenced-based practice and education and has a responsibility for ensuring an environment of safe quality care.
The APP Resident demonstrates an advanced level of medical knowledge, clinical and technical competency, sound clinical judgment, professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and takes responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.
This is a one year Advanced Practice Provider Resident position in the Department of Emergency Medicine. This year will serve to train the advanced practice provider to provide care and management of patients in the Emergency Department.
Duties will include direct patient care, patient and family education, as well as serving as a critical member of the clinical care team. This includes obtaining patient health histories, reviewing outside records, performing complete physical examinations, as well as documenting findings, and perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient's clinical status.
Please attach a Letter of Recommendation document to Specific Request 1.
Advanced Practice Provider/Residenc/UKHC
Advanced Practice Provider/Resident
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active
Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered
Nurse (APRN) license.
For Physician Assistant applicants,
current National Commission on
Certification of Physician Assistants
(NCCPA) certification and active
Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA)
Employment is contingent upon the
University's verification of credentials
as required by state law and University
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking for long periods of time.
Provide ambulatory, emergency, and urgent patient care during 4, 10-hour sessions per week ( or equivalent). Work from Advanced Practice Provider Emergency Department Shift Schedule.
Technical and professional knowledge, time management and effective communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Specific Request 1
- Cover Letter