Senior Associate Director, Marketing Analytics Strategy
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- This Senior Associate Director of Marketing Analytics Strategy will own the marketing analytics strategy for the Chicago Booth marketing team. This role will support the departmental strategy and data-driven analytics phase of brand awareness and consideration along the consumer life cycle; including online conversion analytics, planning and strategy development, setting and reporting on KPIs, customer behavior analysis and segmentation. This role will report into the director of marketing and serve as the senior member of the analytics team. Utilize strategic and predictive analytics thought- leadership, problem solving, team management, and executive stakeholder experience.
- Contribute to an omni-channel marketing strategy by leading the data strategy and data visualization reporting functionality on the performance of digital marketing including website, blog, email / lead nurturing, social media, organic search, and paid search, social and advertising.
- Lead and continue to develop an advanced analytics team that delivers timely and high-quality analyses to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Develop working relationship with analytic partners and channel marketers to develop and/or enhance marketing campaigns to meet performance objectives and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate and identify areas of gaps or growth for analytics at Chicago Booth and then develop a business proposal to address those opportunities.
- Analyze and aggregate information from across multiple data sources and demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and visually report on information, key insights and data-driven recommendation to stakeholders on varying levels of granularity.
- Lead development of the data-analytics reporting infrastructure for Chicago Booth marketing.
- Work closely with the director of marketing and School-wide marketing strategists to develop testing strategies and measurement plans for marketing initiatives.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative business study or related area required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in marketing analytics/data research in web analytics, advertising and digital marketing (web, email, social, etc.) is required.
- At least three years of experience in managing direct reports is required.
- Proven experience in using online & offline analytics to report on campaign performance preferred.
- Experience in Tableau or any other data visualization tools preferred with the ability to design advanced functionality including reports, dashboards and analytics is preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Google or Adobe Analytics (or comparable web analytics tool) reporting (SAS, Tableau) and marketing automation tools is required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skill set, including Excel modeling and predictive analytics is required.
- Familiarity with data warehouse mining/reporting and data manipulation tools is required.
- Proficiency in digital analytics, SQL, HTML, marketing optimization and CRM reporting tools (e.g. Data warehouse; Slate; Salesforce; Sitecore) is required.
- Strategic thought leadership with ability to integrate industry trends, consumer preferences and internal capabilities is preferred.
- Strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement is required.
- Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long-term goals is preferred.
- Ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment is preferred.
- Successful record of accomplishment of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment is required.
(NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.)
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/