IHP Program Coordinator, Physician Assistant Studies (STAFF)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master's and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,500 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 6,500 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education for the past eight years.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Academic Support (60%)
- Establishes, coordinates and monitors systems to keep accurate and up-to-date records related to the clinical education aspects of the program.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Education and Program Manager to manage all communications and records related to clinical education activities with students.
- Coordinates student advising; interfaces with students and clinical sites about forms, clinical education assignments and materials for clinical experiences and affiliation requests.
- Maintains clinical education files, student performance evaluations, preceptor, site, and program evaluations; sets up regular mailings for clinical education sites, and clinical faculty and students regarding clinical experiences. All clinical year documents are managed by the Program Coordinator with oversight by the Program Manager.
- Responsible for scheduling, building, maintenance and data collection surrounding the clinical year using E*Value.
- Prepare materials related to the clinical year in the process of accreditation maintenance and evaluation.
- Works collaboratively with the SHRS Clinical Education Systems Analyst and finance in issuance of the IHP Compact and vouchers
- Assist Program Manager in administration of didactic aspects of the program, if needed and as available.
- Plans, schedules and supports all departmental meetings, including the creation of agendas, taking meeting minutes, and facilitation of other meeting activities.
- Manages the planning and execution of semester course scheduling with the Institute's Registrar.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager in the planning and execution of the admissions process and program events, including preparing applications for review by faculty, communicating with applicants, preparing for and executing events such as Interview Day, Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, Commencement, and other events.
- Handle inquiries from applicants, students, alumni, adjunct and clinical faculty, and external constituencies.
- Coordinate communication and/or projects with other departments as needed.
- Assist in general operations, planning and implementation of program logistics and other duties assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Managing graduate assistants
Fiscal / Budget Responsibility:
Maintains PA Clinical Education operating budget and monitors finances within allocated resources
Standard office environment
Training / Time Required To Learn Job Responsibilities:
One full academic year to experience the scope and nature of the many responsibilities including those that occur annually and those that are related to the academic calendar
Education & Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 1-2 years of office experience strongly preferred. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally in oral and written formats
- Resourceful and able to work both independently and within a team
- Aptitude with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and a willingness to learn new software
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP PA
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2018