EA Developer III
EA Developer III
Department: Pacific Technology
Posting Number: 201301293P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. May require additional hours, nights, and weekends.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 02/27/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Responsible for supporting and maintaining the univerity's ERP Finance module and related applications, including business applications, e-commerce applications; applications/data integration; programming; data administration and security; and reporting. Responsible for working under the principles of collaboration, communication, quality and team pride. Provide application support for University departments' projects and work.
1. Provides analytical and technical programming development support for the University’s ERP system. Develops and maintain excellent relationships with functional clients, and consider all 3 campuses in solutions design. Works with minimal oversight from supervisor and senior developers.
2. Provide primary support Banner Finance Module by working closely with both technical and end users to define requirements, resolve issues, and modify code for implementation.
3. Provide and maintain support for any and all Banner customizations and modify accordingly, so that they remain functional throughout Banner upgrades. Takes initiative to reach out to vendors when opportunities are presented.
4. Research and develop alternative solutions; write up programming specifications and system flow charts; develop prototypes; design user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, reports and databases; identify current operating procedures; and clarify program objectives. Investigate, design, program and implement enhancements to ERP applications and other integrated applications. Proactively identifies and recommends enhancements to technical environment.
5. Keep abreast of latest Banner technologies and functionalities, and make appropriate recommendations. Identify current operating procedures; and clarify program objectives. Create, develop, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain current integrations between Banner and 3rd-party applications (either one or two-way). Provides guidance to less experienced developers.
6. Designs, develops and maintains web applications and middleware, including ebusiness and e-commerce solutions and data/applications integration.
7. Works with functional clients to develop specifications, test plans, and validation documentation. Meets independently with business units.
8. Maintains existing applications and support and improve production systems.
9. Applies experienced understanding of project management and enthusiastically takes project leadership responsibility.
10. Tracks productivity.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computing equipment and phone. Must be able to work in an open office environment with moderate noise levels. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours. May require additional hours, nights, and weekends.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $26.45 per hour to Max $44.19 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11557
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.