Assistant Professor, Philosophy
The Department of Philosophy at Lewis University seeks a full-time, non-tenure track faculty member at the Assistant Professor rank. This position will begin August 2018.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition offering distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs to a growing and diverse student population. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis prepares intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected, and socially responsible graduates. The seventh largest private not-for-profit university in Illinois, Lewis has been nationally recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report. Visit www.lewisu.edu for further information.
- Teach a total of 12 credit hours per semester
- Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional technologies effectively
- Advise and mentor students
- Support recruitment and retention of students
- Engage in scholarly activities, such as publications and academic conference presentations in fields of expertise
- Actively participate in Department meetings, program assessment, and curriculum planning
- Engage in other service to Department, College, and University as appropriate
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in Philosophy and demonstrated excellence in teaching
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred areas of specialization: Ancient or Medieval Philosophy
Application Method: For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3075
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.