Admissions/Records Clerk III
American River College
Admissions/Records Clerk III
Job Posting Number: C00515P
Salary: $3,298.09 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 03/29/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6442
The lead level of this class of the series. Incumbents, under general supervision, are normally assigned lead responsibilities of one or more of the following areas of the Admissions and Records office: records, admissions, veterans’ affairs, or data processing liaison. Assigned duties usually include lead responsibility of classified employees and require extensive knowledge of the policies, rules and procedures of the area to which the position is assigned. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Admissions and Records department.
● Oversees and leads the work of other classified employees, students and temporary staff; and resolves conflicts.
● Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involving student registration, admission, records maintenance, and research.
● Resolves administrative issues.
● Files various notices and forms.
● Prepares routine correspondence.
● Compiles statistical and other reports on various registration, admission, and record related topics for District and external agencies.
● Responds to requests, delivers messages.
● Operates office machines, orders materials, supplies, and services while following budget guidelines.
● Acts as lead in one or more of the following areas and performs additional duties as outlined:
● Prepares and maintains student folders using document imaging system and indexing.
● Cross references database files.
● Processes grade changes.
● Inputs applications, student schedules, grades, and reviews for accuracy.
● Prepares data for data processing from various source documents.
● Processes records.
● Posts and processes grades.
● Reviews files, records, and documents to respond to requests.
● Communicates with students, staff, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Aids students in registration and admission procedures by giving information about admission and graduation requirements, prerequisites, and courses.
Data Processing Liaison
● Programs, modifies, and maintains databases for the department.
Veterans’ Affairs (VA):
● Prepares and maintains Veterans’ Affairs student folders.
● Keeps current and accurate record of schedules, transcripts, and course planners for VA students.
● Updates drops/adds.
● Reports changes to the VA.
● Oversees VA work-study students.
● Maintains veteran-related forms and contracts.
● Evaluates military transcripts and posts units on the appropriate system.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of increasingly responsible clerical experience preferably including college records and admissions clerical experience. (One year of college level business or clerical course work may be substituted for one year of general work experience).
(Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Clerk II or two years performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Clerk I. Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.