Associate Director, Annual Giving
Invitation to Apply:
Join an energetic and engaged campus community where annual giving is part of a dynamic commitment to support a diverse 4-year comprehensive NJ State University. The Division of Institutional Advancement is seeking an Associate Director (AD) of Annual Giving. The Division of Institutional Advancement has a successful track record of increasing leadership giving 140% in the last six years. Housed in historic Hobart Manor and under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving, the successful candidate will be given opportunities to create, drive and execute new and existing strategies to increase annual fund leadership giving.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities to Contribute:
In this highly collaborative and cohesive team environment, the AD will partner with Institutional Advancement team and University colleagues to promote and manage a pipeline of prospects and donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The AD will have a key role in developing social media, online giving programs, crowd funding, targeted annual fund appeals and other strategies.
- Assists in the analysis of data and trends for the purpose of improving program results.
- Responsible for coordinating the senior class giving program
- Oversees a graduate intern who assists in this effort.
- A bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of prior annual fund and/or development experience.
- Will be a results oriented professional working independently to advance a robust prospect portfolio and meet fundraising goals.
- Develops and maintains synergistic relationships and partnerships with deans, faculty, area businesses, alumni, community leaders and corporations.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and adhere to the vision, values and mission of the institution.
- Ability and willingness for local travel and attendance at select University events.
- A flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel applications and social media platforms is required.
- A valid driver's license.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will come from either an academic, mission based, or the not-for-profit sectors.
- Has a track record of being able to successfully prioritize work for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build rapport, be persuasive, collaborate in a diverse environment, maintain consistency and commitment, and work through ambiguity to create concrete and actionable strategies.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package and the potential to receive a tuition waiver to pursue an advanced degree and participate in career advancement activities.
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application.
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
If you have any general questions related to this search please email [email protected]
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.